Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optimal time and level to drop primes?

Cereth

Question

Hello. Im kinda new into this game (i have the account for about a year but i had break from the game), i have rank 4 (almost 5), frost and excalibur lvl 30, and starting to level rhino. As for the weapons i have my main lvl 30 Boltor,Galatine and Akbolto. Also a Paris, Latron, Kunai, Bronco and Grakata lvl 30. I want to know when and where can i drop primes and which lvl do you suggest?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

You can go after primes whenever you want. Some can be used already at your mastery rank. Paris Prime is a great weapon to rush, as it's very easy to max out Point Strike and Vital Sense to get sick damage per shot for killing normal enemies even without a maxed out Serration or any Split Chamber equipped.

To get started you need to do the junction from Earth -> Mars to get the Void Relic Segment for your ship. Then find relics and go play void tears in the void tear mission tab with your relics.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relics

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Paris_Prime

Edited by VKhaun

1 minute ago, Cereth said:

@VKhaun Thanks for answer! To be honest i dont really like shooting from bows, is there anything else for the beginning? And how exactly does those void relics work cause i am confused a bit xD

Akstiletto Prime and Hikou Prime are some low rank options, but I'm not sure how rare they are right now. Boltor Prime is MR2 but that's not available from relics currently. All the prime warframes are unrestricted so if you manage to finish one you can use it. They tend to be a lot harder to craft though.

Just keep playing. It takes a lot of typing to explain the system thoroughly but it really plays very intuitively. Once you have the segment you don't need to worry about the upgrading or other details right away. Just join void tear missions in the tab that shows up. When you click to join one the U.I. will just ask you to pick one of your relics that you've found, this will be consumed like a token to enter the mission.

Mission objective is very straightforward just follow the other players to the big shiny thing. Kill the bad things that shoot at you. Pick up the small shiny things (carry them like a datamass) and run them to the big shiny thing. Repeat until it asks you to pick a reward. Make sure to pick up the medium sized spherical shiny things for upgrading relics later when you know what you want.

2 minutes ago, Cereth said:

@VKhaun I see. Is there any other way to drop primes, or only from the relics and void tears?

That's it really.

You can get a few prime things by buying them from the shop but they're sold together in specific packs and you can't just pick what you want. These are also limited-time and change every so often. Worth a look if you're hooked on the game, but a bit expensive and restrictive if you're just casual still.