Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Vauban great again.

Mr_Edd

HENRWf.pngSo, we got Vauban prime now, he looks cool with all the golden stuff attached to him, that's way too great for the Fashion Frame fans but actually, as a Vauban fan, i'm quite dissappointed with this. 

Normaly the primed version of a frame is obviusly better with bigger stats among the normal warframe, and as a normal way that normal frame is way kind of easy to farm by killing bosses, but Vauban is not. You cannot get a normal Vauban easily to build as a common player because it only appears on those few alerts with his parts while farming the prime version is easier having enought relics and ofc some luck. 

So here's my point: 

Normal Vauban:

Health -> 100 Base

Shield -> 75 Base

Armor -> 50 Base

Primed Vauban:

Health -> 100 Base

Shield -> 100 Base

Armor -> 100 Base

What's the point of taking the time and waiting days to get Normal Vauban parts on those alerts than rarely appear when the primed version is obtainable by Relics that you can farm and has even better stats?

Normal vauban shoulda have something else to make the efforts of farming him more valuable. Then why people woulda take the time to farm a frame that is harder to get than his primed version which has better stats?

Edited by Mr_Edd

To the unwary hunter, 20 Nitain might take longer. The reason to get the normal one lies in mastery points. Also, once a prime comes out, people usually trash the normal one and build the one with the better stats. It's like how you used to see more Frost Primes than regular Frosts, until the prime one got vaulted.

Ever since the SoTR update, Alerts involving Vauban parts have been appearing a lot. I remember seeing all 3 parts within that one week on this month. While the Prime version may be more convenient to get if you are really lucky at getting Prime parts at Rare drop section (teach me your RNGesus ways) , it really does take a similar amount of time compared to the normal Vauban; but both feels equally as to get depending on how much you play and how lucky you are.

TLDR; no personally I don't think Vauban should get an exclusive 'something else' just because it's obtainable from alerts. :p

Farming relics is RNG.

Getting the prime part from the fissure mission is even more RNG, especially since ALL of Vauban Prime's parts are rare. Once you complete a Normal Vauban Alert, you know for sure you got the blueprint. Vauban Prime part blueprints on the other hand have a 10% chance to drop after every fissure mission, assuming you have radiant relics each time.

You also forget crafting costs.

• 20 Nitain Extract. Very hard to get if you're not available to play all the time. (Same as Normal Vauban's parts, shocker!)
  • 7000 Oxium. That's a lot of oxium.
  • 9000 Cryotic. Not that much, but if you have practically 0 after farming for the anticlimactic Sibear, (me, I did that) this will take a while.

Vauban P also has an additional polarity, giving him more overall mod capacity than regular Vauban.

So to summarize:

1. Vauban P has noticeably more valuable stats over Vauban.
  2. The large crafting costs and RNG involved in getting Vauban P make Vauban P much harder to get than Vauban.

Edit: Ignore what I say about stats, I interpreted your post wrong and thought you meant that the stat increase wasn't worth it, but we both agree on this.

Edited by wffls1
Read Edit

1 minute ago, wffls1 said:

Farming relics is RNG.

Getting the prime part from the fissure mission is even more RNG, especially since ALL of Vauban Prime's parts are rare. Once you complete a Normal Vauban Alert, you know for sure you got the blueprint. Vauban Prime part blueprints on the other hand have a 10% chance to drop after every fissure mission, assuming you have radiant relics each time.

This. \o/ 

51 minutes ago, Mr_Edd said:

HENRWf.pngSo, we got Vauban prime now, he looks cool with all the golden stuff attached to him, that's way too great for the Fashion Frame fans but actually, as a Vauban fan, i'm quite dissappointed with this. 

Normaly the primed version of a frame is obviusly better with bigger stats among the normal warframe, and as a normal way that normal frame is way kind of easy to farm by killing bosses, but Vauban is not. You cannot get a normal Vauban easily to build as a common player because it only appears on those few alerts with his parts while farming the prime version is easier having enought relics and ofc some luck. 

So here's my point: 

Normal Vauban:

Health -> 100 Base

Shield -> 75 Base

Armor -> 50 Base

Primed Vauban:

Health -> 100 Base

Shield -> 100 Base

Armor -> 100 Base

What's the point of taking the time and waiting days to get Normal Vauban parts on those alerts than rarely appear when the primed version is obtainable by Relics that you can farm and has even better stats?

Normal vauban shoulda have something else to make the efforts of farming him more valuable. Then why people woulda take the time to farm a frame that is harder to get than his primed version which has better stats?

Vauban Prime has the highest crafting costs in the game. I think that's enough to make it harder to get. I think it was 20 nitain 21k oxium and then other stuff I don't remember