Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artifacts That Change The Missions (To A Degree)

Sni7ch

So basically all of the artifacts are player based. In the future, can the artifacts have a impact on the missions. Think of it like the skulls from Halo. Here are some of my ideas:

1.) Switched Elemental Tables (Infected are resistant to fire and damaged by electricity) 

2.) More enemies on the mission (With extermination missions, instead of 142 it is 213. [50% increase])

3.) Lower or no Gravity (Nuff said.)

4.) (For the rushers) The mission has a time limit on it.

5.) Melee only

6.) Speed is increased on players and enemies

7.) Radiation leak (shields and health is constantly dropping so you have to heal often. To stop it, you have to kill something.)

Now there are problems with these ideas. Players can come into a mission and not like the artifacts. So some safe guards would have to be placed so player will not get screwed, like warning the player before hand or giving them the option to look for "normal" or special missions.

Edited by Sni7ch

Also the gravity idea shouldn't be affected by Artifacts, but as a mission overlay like Ice or Fire.

That would be a good idea, but that would make it random. I want to control it. If memory serves, the low gravity overlay was mentioned in a live stream. So if it happens it will be awesome. 

So basically all of the artifacts are player based. In the future, can the artifacts have a impact on the missions. Think of it like the skulls from Halo. Here are some of my ideas:

- Switched Elemental Tables (Infected are resistant to fire and damaged by electricity) 

- More enemies on the mission (With extermination missions, instead of 142 it is 213. [50% increase])

- Lower or no Gravity (Nuff said.)

- (For the rushers) The mission has a time limit on it.

- Melee only

- Speed is increased on players and enemies

- Radiation leak (shields and health is constantly dropping so you have to heal often. To stop it, you have to kill something.)

Now there are problems with these ideas. Players can come into a mission and not like the artifacts. So some safe guards would have to be placed so player will not get screwed, like warning the player before hand or giving them the option to look for "normal" or special missions.

No to time limits, I'm building Frost and already have Rhino, I don't need a player joining a public match where there's a time limit and my slow &#! can make me fail. The time limit at the end of blowing up a generator is just fine. As for making enemies even faster, no. I refuse to see Phorrid or Ancient Disruptors move even faster than they already do. Nevermind the chargers, leapers, etc. Can you imagine the Grineer Rollers moving even faster than what they do now?

That would be a good idea, but that would make it random. I want to control it. If memory serves, the low gravity overlay was mentioned in a live stream. So if it happens it will be awesome. 

Then have Artifacts that increase the chance of overlays occurring in a mission. Cryo Leak, Inflammatory, and Breach.

No to time limits, I'm building Frost and already have Rhino, I don't need a player joining a public match where there's a time limit and my slow &#! can make me fail. The time limit at the end of blowing up a generator is just fine. As for making enemies even faster, no. I refuse to see Phorrid or Ancient Disruptors move even faster than they already do. Nevermind the chargers, leapers, etc. Can you imagine the Grineer Rollers moving even faster than what they do now?

The time limit is for players that want it or for an extra challenge. The player and their group can decide if they want to try to beat a mission quick. In terms of the "gotta go faster" artifact, everything including yourself is fast.

Remember the idea is to make these artifacts. You can turn them off and on as you like. For random groups, there will be a warning before joining.

Edited by Sni7ch

This is just a fantastic idea. The lobby system would need to be improved beforehand, but I'd love some horrendous stacking of challenge upon challenge. In fact, instead of an equip-able artifact, just make the artifact give you the option to add as many conditions to the mission as you want.

I want my radioactive, low-gravity, hyper-speed, melee-restricted, time-limited mission.

Having a "skull" system would be great. Though I didn't play much Halo, I know that the difficulty could be significantly ramped up after activating a few of them. Having this in the game would be something interesting to try out.