The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To: Solo Hieracon runs for credits and maybe cores.

Epsik-kun

Question

Hey there.

After the recent changes to the credit farming, it've gotten much harder to get and sustain your credits, especially if are like me - not excited about doing raids and sorties (you really should though).

Even before the credit nerf, I've moved from the likes of Akkad (or any Defence-based credit farming, really) to solo running Hieracon with Nova and going for one Excavation only (or for two Excavations were I to get them right next to each other). After test-running Akkad, Sechura and Hieracon several time, I ended up with a conclusion, that soloing Hieracon is actually more effective in the regard of money/time, even disregarding the actual drops from the mission. And the drop you get from the excavation ends up being 3k/4k/5k credit pack or 5 r5 cores which are also nice, if you ask me.

Some people are familiar with this thing, however for the people who are not I've decided to make a guide-ish video about it. It isn't an actual guide - it's just a video of me doing just one run, so you'll get the general idea.

If you're into credit farming, and especially if you're doing the likes of Akkad, I would suggest you to at least try this method out. It's a bit more of a hustle, however it does net better rewards, and personally I find it less repetitive and boring, so it might worth it just for the sake of diversity.

The description of the video:

Spoiler

Before credit farming via mission re-runs was nuked, solo Hieracon runs with Nova had proven to be a more effective way of getting credits compared to the likes of Akkad.
When done correctly, it ends up being a reliably faster way of getting a bit more credits *solo*.

Since the credit gain was nerfed, soloing Hieracon did become worse, but so did everything. It's still a reliable way of getting some credits with some cores as a bonus in the meanwhile.

As a side note, while video itself shows two excavation being completed, the general idea is to do just one Excavation and to run in the general direction of the next Excavation spot (it usually ends up being the general direction of the extraction point). Unless you got lucky, and the second Excavation spot is right next to the first one. then it's generally worth it to go for it(since you'll either get more credits as a compensation, or you'll get cores).

2 answers to this question

A little secret: Cholistan, Europa is another DS Excavation mission that has a similar drop table to Hieracon and starts 10 levels lower. I don't think the end of mission credit reward is as high, but it's definitely more friendly to newer players who might not have the gear to solo Hieracon.