Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locking Weapons To Warframes

MeowNinja

I have a few frames now, and when I change between them I need to swap out my current weapons to get my prefered build. What I think should happen is an option to "Lock" your loadouts to the frame. For example: If you have a stealth frame, you may have Banshee, Dread, Kunai and a dagger, If you wish to swap to a tank frame you would then need to swap out  each weapon to maximise its use.

With the addition of an option to lock these weapons to the frame, you would only have to swap out the warframe itself and it would automatically change the equiped weapons to the frame. This would make things a lot faster and easier.

Cheers, MeowNinja

They are working on something like this... "Loadouts" we can save and load. They messed up and we got an unintended, non-functional preview of this system back in Update 7. It wasn't mentioned anymore, as far as I know.

Loadouts would be nice. I only have one maxed out Stretch and not enough fusion coils to max my other one, so every time I swap frames I have to deequipt it and then file through my 70+ pages of mods before I find it to equipt it again >.>

yes, it would be really great to have save option for loadouts. Please try to implement this to the game, because I rather not switching the warframes and weapons even when I would like to, because I don't want to spend 15 minutes by clicking the mods up and down.

Thank you a lot. Love this game ;-)

I would settle for a "Favourite Mods" box, in which you could keep your fully ranked mods apart from all the endless low-rank clones in your collection.

Any time I want to equip Serration, for example, to a different rifle... I have to scroll past multiple copies of the same thing with the same picture, and pick out the one with the highest number.

Loadouts would be nice. I only have one maxed out Stretch and not enough fusion coils to max my other one, so every time I swap frames I have to deequipt it and then file through my 70+ pages of mods before I find it to equipt it again >.>

This is the exact reason I'm against loadouts. If you only need one copy of each mod then the games length is drastically reduced. The example above is perfect. Implement loadouts and they only need one stretch, without it they either hassle with equipping and unequipping or play the game for mods until they have two and don't need to swap anymore.

That's... stupid. And bad game design.

Increasing longevity by making the interface really crappy?

Because that's what it comes down to. The combination of identical mod card appearances, a lack of mod stacking, an abundance of "next page" scrolling and zero loadout features = BAD INTERFACE.

It's like Mass Effect 1 all over again.

If you had loadouts, people would still want multiple copies of the same mod... because it's always useful to adjust power balance between mods (especially the mods with LOTS of potential ranks).

Loadouts would simply mean that you don't have to keep your teammates waiting for @(*()$ ages when you want to swap a single weapon between missions.

This is the exact reason I'm against loadouts. If you only need one copy of each mod then the games length is drastically reduced. The example above is perfect. Implement loadouts and they only need one stretch, without it they either hassle with equipping and unequiping or play the game for mods until they have two and don't need to swap anymore.

But for example to get Serration to highest rang costs unbelievable huge amount of cores and mods. I think no one is that crazy, to spend that much just to have two serrations to save some time. Especially that Serration you technically need only one. Makes no sense. Everyone rather tune other precious and expensive mod. And that's only one mode! In Warframe you have 10 and in weapon 8! 

Loadouts would simply mean that you don't have to keep your teammates waiting for @(*()$ ages when you want to swap a single weapon between missions.

Exactly. That's why I rather play a mission with not ideal Warframe or a weapon. I don't want to let my friends wait for me several minutes.

I think, that interface should help us to manage our equipment easily. Make no sense to simply slow us down with this, because at the end it might frustrate you, and everyone knows how this can end ;-) 

just checking...when we say load outs...we mean like preset up arsenals that we can switch to right? like costume swaps in Rumble fighter or the runes pages of league of legends...various decks in one of the billions of TCGs...right? (these are really bad examples but its all i can come up with at 3 in the morning)

cause if so then yes...a thousand times yes. how would this work tho? a "loadout" with the frame, weapons, sentinel all prestaged or individual loadouts for each? (like say same weapon has multiple loadouts depending on infested or grineer)

I would say one way can be lets say to have 5 save slots for each (warframe, primary, secondary, melee). You would be able to save a concrete weapon/warframe with concrete set of mods equipped. To save a different one you would manually unequip and equip to different weapon/warframe and save. An then, whatever is your actual weapon/warframe and equipment, you would be able to load one of those configuration and it would just load it (means unequip mods automatically from current weapon and equip it to your loaded one with your saved configuration).

Or like MXXVI proposed, at least to have some "Favorite Mods" box per weapon/warframe, where you add and see all your favorite mods regardless if they are equipped somewhere or not, and you would be able instantly equip them to weapon you just chose.

What you guys think about this ?

Edited by Orangeman_no1

i think i'd also be happy with stacks of mods that are exactly the same. theres no reason to have 20 slots for the same mod of same level....the fusion would have to be changed but only slightly...maybe like an up and down arrow key for stacks or maybe a textbox for the number of ___ mod that you want to use