Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing simple QOL change

doommoose22

20 minutes ago, Dualstar said:

Q is for gear and E is for melee, remember?

How about Z & C?

Z becomes Tab

C becomes V

Q becomes C

F becomes Z

E becomes F

Then Q & E are open to control the roll function. And I guess in regular missions they could be used to look around corners?

Edited by sir_deadlock
expanded idea.

28 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

How about Z & C?

Z becomes Tab

C becomes V

Q becomes C

F becomes Z

E becomes F

Then Q & E are open to control the roll function. And I guess in regular missions they could be used to look around corners?

why would they be? this would be strictly for the archwing portion of the game, there is no real reason for it to affect the rest of the game

Archwing controls are already partway divided from normal play, up and down are archwing only.

A totally overhaul of the archwing controls would be great. Right now keys 'archwing down' and 'crouch' are seperate, though initially the same (Ctrl), sprint is the same button.

I swap crouch and sprint for my playstyle, but are unable to sprint in archwing until I reassign the key for down to Shift (which unassigns it for crouch, so I have to reassign it again) though I'd rather sprint with Shift in archwing.

Q and E to rotate would be perfect, R can be Gears, you don't reload in Archwing, F would stay swap - or maybe R for quick melee and V for gear ....

Either way, it would be great if you can manually rotate and assign all archwing keys seperate from normal mode. Both movement systems are too different to share a key for even 1 action

Edited by Isenfalk

10 hours ago, doommoose22 said:

why would they be? this would be strictly for the archwing portion of the game, there is no real reason for it to affect the rest of the game

It's good when controls are intuitive. Having them only in one specific part of a game works against that if it doesn't follow some kind of similar logic.

8 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

It's good when controls are intuitive. Having them only in one specific part of a game works against that if it doesn't follow some kind of similar logic.

Its a really different control scheme for archwing and archwing has a really different game orientation now with the strict camera shaking every single movement you make.

So i support OP so you can decide manually where do you want your camera to look to instead of trying to acomodate yourself to wherever the camera decides to move.

Another button binding for Afterburners would be extremely good, since every time i have been playing the new rush mission i get stucked when i try to do a UP in archwing, and since the UP button has the Afterburner effect it uses Afterburner, since for some reason Afterburner has priority of action... I would suggest use the R button for Afterburners, since as someone else stated R is not used in Archwing.

Edited by Marbelik
Clarification