Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Nerf... Really?

Adorabus

It seems there is a very small cap on how much energy you can get per enemy now with the energy vampire ability. It's hardly even possible to make more energy than you spent to use the ability!

.....WHY?!

That was seriously the ONLY THING that made the warframe I bought worth playing!!!

At least give a direct healing ability that doesn't take forever to activate! I feel useless now. :c

And how about some patch notes to tell us when you break stuff like that? x.x

Sorry, I normally don't get upset over something like this, but this really made me sad.

Edited by PinkFoxi

I don't really know anything about Trinity or what the devs have planned for her but I think she is more of a team/support warframe. Probably meant to be played behind everyone else away from the enemy which is why she has longer cast times. I'm assuming her abilities benefit everyone so even though you don't regain all of your energy from casting vampire/syphon your teammates will benefit from the free energy and healing provided by her.

Well the only time her abilities are useful is if there is a REALLY BIG enemy that doesn't die instantly. Otherwise, you have to say "Okay everyone! Don't shoot, let me mark a guy for you and then you kill them!". If you don't stop everyone first, they will just drop the enemy before your casting can even finish (which uses your energy anyway, and does nothing).

I can understand them balancing this ability, but they should make the other abilities useful in the same update. Right now there is no point in this Warframe. Oh well, I almost unlocked a new one without using money this time!

Trinity is still a pretty usefull warframe and helps a bunch on bosses

Trinity is still a pretty usefull warframe and helps a bunch on bosses

indeed in boss battles i have unlimited everything, when i use my gorgon... i spam WoL a few times till i only have enough energy for EV and cast that 5 shots later im full on energy.

Reducing it is okay, but having a super low cap is just lame for me. :c

Doesn't matter I guess, I'll just pick another Warframe.

It would just be nice if I could directly heal my friends, because that's why I pick medic in other games. It's hard to be a "support" class when you can't give direct support. x:

Reducing it is okay, but having a super low cap is just lame for me. :c

Doesn't matter I guess, I'll just pick another Warframe.

It would just be nice if I could directly heal my friends, because that's why I pick medic in other games. It's hard to be a "support" class when you can't give direct support. x:

Yeah I've always been a healer/support type gamer in other games. I would also love to see something like this implimented...where I can directly effect people in my party. I still love my Trinity though...but I am considering going with something else finally because I don't really find her abilities to be that useful anymore besides boss fights.

I really thing they nerfed the wrong part of the combo. Making the cap 75 hurts when the ability costs 50 to activate it. It does not help you have a slow animation to finish then hit the enemy before a party member kills it to get any energy back. I think they lowered the recovery per hit too i remember punches gave much more energy prepatch. The problem was with link being able to to have 100% uptime with the recovery. It may been a bit op but it felt awesome to sit infront of a bosses face punching him while keeping up vampire and link.

Has anyone tested the new energy vampire with power duration mods? I haven't gotten a single one yet to check. With being unable to refresh the debuff early, the power duration mod may hurt the trinity by making the power last longer with the cap preventing the trinty from getting any more energy till it wears off to refresh the power.

Has anyone tested the new energy vampire with power duration mods? I haven't gotten a single one yet to check. With being unable to refresh the debuff early, the power duration mod may hurt the trinity by making the power last longer with the cap preventing the trinty from getting any more energy till it wears off to refresh the power.

I'm afraid I have noticed that. Power duration before was the best mod you could use on a Trinity, now it's less so, saved only slightly by link.

Well considering you need 3 energy vampires to pay off a link. It looks like power duration gives you less link uptime over a long fight. Looks like its time to see how much armor i can stack and see if i can have well of life be enough to face tank the boss. Now if only if hades could drop some good mods.

Could the energy vamp cap be canceled out by casting it again?

This is very discouraging to read right after crafting a Trinity armor. Don't tell me there will be a well of life cap in the future as well.

Edited by baka111