Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War for exalted blade?

Vbomb

Question

5 answers to this question

Here are some stats on EB that you might want to know

• EB is considered a longsword (so no matter which weapon you use, you will get the 10% bonuses when activating EB)
  • EB has base stats that are unaffected by whatever weapon you choose
  • It has 15% Crit
  • It has x2 Crit multiplier
  • It has 10% Status chance
  • It is affected by Steel Charge
  • It does not take into account Syndicate mods
  • The damage it deals is evenly divided into IPS
  • Blade waves do not increase the combo counter
  • Direct contact with the blade does

17 minutes ago, Vbomb said:

I thought weapons with better crit multipliers were better, guess I heard wrong.

The only consideration really, is making the Exalted Blade mod build on a weapon that also benefits from the same mods in case you want to use it. Since Exalted Blade has just enough crit to be worth building crit (I think most people use Berserker and True Steel) but doesn't get the benefits of Blood Rush or Body Count, your best melee weapon to use with an Exalted Blade build is something with high base crit chance.

Since Exalted Blade is evenly split between impact, puncture and slash you will want a generally want something that uses elements, not physical mods, as physical mods won't be useful for EB. That can be anything really.

Excalibur always gets his passive for Exalted Blade because EB is a  one handed sword, but Excalibur only gets the passive for his actual melee weapon if his melee weapon is of a correct type.

So... you want to make your EB build on a one handed sword, rapier, dual sword or katana with elements and no physical mods. No Blood Rush. No Body Count. No augment (doesn't transfer to EB) and you want to pick one with a high base crit chance.