Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Feedback / The New Mods Are Rubbish

corpseshock

tl:dr The new artifacts are pretty crappy.

Corrosive Projection has a chance to be useful on higher Defense Waves if there would be the slightest info about how it works precisely. But the others ?

Infested Impedance ... haha. why in gods name do we need to slow down Infested ? Better kill them quick so they dont make any trouble. Ancients will still log on like a cruise missile and run into you, no matter where you go. And runners arent a problem. They blow up and are gone with doing nearly 0 damage. If you want to slow them down, do it right and use a Frost or Frost Damage Mods. Or distract them some seconds with Decoy or Mould so they gather around it befor you hit them with f.e. Miasma. Dont waste a artifact slot that could be used for Energy Siphon.

Speaking of "thats not a big problem". Where is Shield Disruption useful ? Not like you eat through shields with even the weakest weapons. This also can be solved more elegantly with frost damage mods if shields would be a problem. But they arent. A problem could be the ridicoulus amount of health a infested ancient or corpus technician has. But their shields ? They melt like a grineer face being hit by Miasma.

I really dont wanna sound ungrateful. But we already got good artifacts and these new 3 just wont do the trick to replace them.

Also, this "event" looses all its reasons to exist once players have aquired the 3 new mods. Well, you could continue because your fragile ego needs your name in the top 10. But ill leave that to others.

At least you did include a kinda new defense map even if it is just a slightly altered version of a existing one. And i like that the artifacts, you have to protect, are pretty fragile. One of the Defense mission was pretty hard with randoms (The outdoor map which starts with level 55 corpus was a nice challenge) because of that. I really would like to see more missions like this. It was a nice challenge.

In a nutshell, this event looks rough-and-ready, i bet DE didnt spent much time to think of ways to introduce the new artifacts. It feels and looks cobbled together with the purpose to jolly the players with rushed new content.

Edit: I just realised i wrote mods in the thread description. Of course i meant artifacts.

Edited by corpseshock

Steve mentioned in the last livestream that changes were coming to artifacts so that you can fuse them like mods and make them more powerful. So having duplicates will mean something when that change hits.

This thread isnt about duplicates.

This thread isnt about duplicates.

You mention there's no reason to continue once you have all three. But I guess responding to something you wrote about instead of making you feel better during your whine fest wasn't appropriate.

You mention there's no reason to continue once you have all three. But I guess responding to something you wrote about instead of making you feel better during your whine fest wasn't appropriate.

This.

Edited by TenStorms

Whinefest ? I sure do like them. I like to drink dry, white whine in the setting sun. Oh, these wonderful summers ...

But sarcasm wont help any of us. So, let me point you in the right direction: I would like feedback on the usefulness of the new artifacts. Be it conform with my opinion or not doesnt matter. In fact, I would be happy if someone give me a valid reason to enjoy this event and the new artifacts.

This.

Ill never understand why people just point at someone and yell "what he said" instead of explaining why they support someone.

Whinefest ? I sure do like them. I like to drink dry, white whine in the setting sun. Oh, these wonderful summers ...

But sarcasm wont help any of us. So, let me point you in the right direction: I would like feedback on the usefulness of the new artifacts. Be it conform with my opinion or not doesnt matter. In fact, I would be happy if someone give me a valid reason to enjoy this event and the new artifacts.

Ill never understand why people just point at someone and yell "what he said" instead of explaining why they support someone.

Or you could just accept the answer you were given rather than continuing to complain and reprimand people that give you an answer. 

Yeah, the artifacts are cr4ppy and basically pointless when you have energy siphon but yet again, you are already given the answer to your question so less time spent being facetious will help everyone here.

I don't think the new artifacts are particularly bad. They aren't worse than most of the existing artifacts. Sure, four Rifle Amps might be better than four Armor Piercing, but that's only if every player in the match uses their rifle as their main.

It's just that Energy Siphon is too good because energy is the resource you find yourself lacking the most often in this game, and is the most hurtful resource to run out of in Defense. Or at least I can immediately feel the difference between having 3-4 Siphons in Defense and having one.

Tweak the enemy energy orbs to give 50 energy, like the ones from chests, and then people will start experimenting with different artifacts.

Edited by Winterbraid

As far as it's been datamined, the infested artifact is 10%. So with 4 players you could really slow them down assuming it stacks with frost.

Grineer one is okay I guess but with the state of the game being as it is (press 4 to win) you're likely to get more use out of energy siphon. Still not terrible though.

As for shields... wow. Awful.

Or you could just accept the answer you were given rather than continuing to complain and reprimand people that give you an answer. 

Yeah, the artifacts are cr4ppy and basically pointless when you have energy siphon but yet again, you are already given the answer to your question so less time spent being facetious will help everyone here.

I do realise that my choice of words is kinda extreme but it has a reason. This game is loosing players because real content is lacking which makes the game too repetitive and DE wastes our time with an event where the price is not useful at all. A collector, that wants to have everything, may be happy for a short time. But someone whos into the game because of the entertainment may think: Thats too little to last over this weekend.

Steve mentioned in the last livestream that changes were coming to artifacts so that you can fuse them like mods and make them more powerful. So having duplicates will mean something when that change hits.

prepare for teams with 4 fully leveled energy siphons.

SLASH DASH SLASH DASH SLASH DASH

I agree, it really feels like they nerfed these artifacts coming right out the door.

Lower armor by 2%, when most enemies dont even have armor? Or just 10% more damage to everything? Right, useless.

Lower shields? By how much? Does it effect shield regen time or amount then? Maybe if it did that it would be useful on bosses. But like the OP posted, no idea cuz it doesnt give details.

Slow infested? Does it slow their attacks like cold does or only their movement? How much does it slow? Cuz I dont see a difference with only 1 of them, prolly some measely 5% or something.

Really for special event only stuff, I figured theyd be more useful, not just laughably ignorable. And as the OP also said, what reason do I have to continue once I got them all, other to help friends get them too I guess. And really, I dont even feel like these artifacts are worth the time and effort to get, its a good thing Im a pokemon trainer and I gotta have them all else I wouldnt even care really. Damn my OCD!!!

I think the pending change to artifact system means this event is a test of some sort and DE is gathering data from it. When these artifacts got merged with mod system in future update, we will see more detailed description and able to use duplicates to rank them up. At this point, their current efficiency isn't matter much due to the incoming change.

Problem should be - Will we get and artifact slot or artifact will be turned into mod and compete with the current set of mod?

As i said in another topic...

---

Artifacts are currently under a review for rework and being implemented as warframe aura-type mods. How new artifacts gonna work is currently unknown, therefor nerf/buff topics are quite useless. Just go on with what is now and wait for the rework...

Infromation from latest DE livestream.

---

Those artifacts also have ~5% effect, all of them. Stacked up in 4-man its 20%. Its not so bad, but then again, you have better alternatives in effeciency. All up energy syphon for 2 energy/sec, 40% rifle damage, etc... Currently the game is a damage-fest, because there is not enough treaths to a player, thats why they dont need to take anything other then redirection and survive long time anyway. Also its beta, some things are not finished, some things are buggy - attack speed jumping is still a thing, wall jump can throw you across entire map, etc... Game is not perfect, so let's deal with it for now and have fun with what we've got.

I think the bigger problem is players can't get off their Energy Siphon IV's. It's not that they are worthless, heck it was mentioned they would be upgradable for higher power. I would take the ability to nullify a Corpus Tech's shields... or how about reduce that level 100 Shild Osprey's effect? If unforunately Energy wasn't such an issue.

There was a possible solution in the Design Council but that is for DE to think about and to remain on the Council not the general forums. It probably will not make it to live though, least not now.

To introduce new mods/artifacts you have to find a way to get players to drop the supposed things they "can't" live without. I can say I did that alert (the defense) with a Frost+Banshee+Trinity and we were fine up until the Trinity got disconnected. If 3/4 players who aren't even on Maxed frames can make it to Wave 13/20, when they lost their support at wave 9 well... I think it's more than possible, players are just unwilling to drop what they think they MUST need to be effecient.