Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Option Proposal: Start Your Own Lobby.

VanillaRegal

So I've spent about ten minutes trying to get into a defense mission map but there is an idler that started one and is just sitting in the spawn area. And as you know, the mission will not start unless everyone is in the match but this man will not move.

So, the two other people I was with quit as did I. Now, I've tried going back in multiple times to no avail. It keeps sending me into this fool's game. I propose the option to start your own lobbies instead of clicking a level and getting instantly set into someone else's game. This way, if there's a leech or someone that went AFK for ever, you can just go around that instead of playing another level or quitting altogether.

Either this or some sort of kicking system. AFK for 5 or so minutes and you're removed from the game. I already know it logs you out if you don't do anything for about a half hour but that's not from missions, it's the entire game.

This could be solved easily. Either by votekick or having the game let you host instead of searching for another host first as you suggested, or by adding a server/host browser so we can actually see who we're going to play with and maybe how many in his/her group and what's his/her ping etc, rather than blindly joining whoever is around.

Either this or some sort of kicking system. AFK for 5 or so minutes and you're removed from the game.

You sound like someone who spammed the vote kick on Warcraft.

Things come up. My friend and I often play 'AFK Guard' with each other, when the other has to go do something. I've got no problem doing it, and neither does he. But now you want us punished (even tho we don't pug) because of some random guy AFK in a game he is hosting? Hell no.

Perhaps a better alternative, would be...

A. Form your own group. I know, I know, the most repeated statement in multiplayer games. And yet, the most truthful that most people disregard due to laziness.

B. Host a game. Le gasp, I know.

C. Join a clan and pair up, or heck, join one via clan chat.

The last thing you want to put into this game, is a device that'll allow other players to join a Host, and vote kick them. What if they didn't know they were on 'Online' and went afk in a secure spot to use the bathroom? Now trolls join, try the vote kick, then move to the next group. Yea, that wouldn't be abused. Not ever.

Seriously though, perhaps an option to 'Ignore Idle Hosts' when you try joining a game, that'd prevent this kind of behavior.

adding a server/host browser so we can actually see who we're going to play with and maybe how many in his/her group and what's his/her ping etc, rather than blindly joining whoever is around.

I skimmed the replies and missed this. This is almost exactly what I was referring to.

Edited by Strudelhouse