Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No vibe from the swords

prank

Swords and melee weapons in this game seem to play a huge role. Being that it's the quickest attack you have. Anyone wanting to see more slash combinations ? It seem like slice, slice, big slice over and over unless you use the charge ability. Maybe more melee combinations or abilities would be something to look into.

We have huge hammers and axes in this game kind of implying that melee's got a big role in this game.

Still it feels like the guns are much more better option to rely on.

If guns didn't deal that much damage, but instead were used for keeping enemies kind of stun locked while we get closer to melee range and finish them..

Or if guns didn't have so much spare ammo, you'd have to use melee weapons more.

Or, if it took long time to reload so you had to use your melee weapon in some tight situation.

Or if you had to purchase your own ammo, so you could use melee weapons to save some credits.

Or if melee weapons granted more xp.

Or energy or hp or...

I don't know.

I think this is a more important issue, than lack of combos.

But the topic wasn't about that, so I'll just imagine that we've got that issue already solved.

So if I was actually using more melee and it was effective, but the combat was how it is now, would I want more depth in to it?

Definitely.

I've been leveling some melee weapons and done some missions using only a melee weapon. Really easy against infestation.

I think my highest record of melee kills on a single mission is.. if I recall correctly, close to 330 melee kills.

And I can say that melee combat doesn't have almost any kind of depth in it.

The way I've been fighting includes 95% of slide attacks.

It's a really effective style; wide radius, it's fast and you are very mobile while doing it.

The bad thing is ofcourse that it doesn't have any kind of variety.

I can do the most effective move, or actually any move I want to, without any kind of variation.

No timing, no blocking, no parrying.. just smashing a button until enemies are in pieces.

So if melee weapons and melee combat itself gets more attention, I hope it gets more variety and not being able to smash the same one or two buttons all the time. Or atleast you should have to pay attention to also something else other than your target's health par. And your own.

Also hoping that risk/reward ratio gets better.