Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Mastery Idea.

ApeMummy

Had an idea I thought was pretty good after thinking about the paris' exploding arrows and weapon specific mods that would make weapons more unique and have much more appeal at end game.

So the idea is a 9th mod slot for each weapon once you get to level 30, but to unlock this slot you need to complete a challenge a la the mastery rank challenges (think perfect dark shooting range, doesn't need to be too complex). That mod slot would allow one mod specifc to each weapon to be inserted - so maybe sicarus can shoot bursts of 5 instead of 3, maybe the ignis gets a greater range, maybe the gorgon gets a reduced spin up time etc etc.

Would be kind of awesome to get an 'uber' form of each weapon at the end.

Thoughts?

I do like the idea but then the weapons would somewhat lose their appeal in terms of micromanaging your mods and attempting to find just that one combination that will let it shine in full glory, so adding a "uber" would somewhat go against the current model. i do however like the apperal that each specific weapon recieves a special something, smilar to the exploding arrows. Maybe a burst extend for Sicarus and Burston, a ricoceting Trickshot for the Vulkar and so on.

That is a cool idea, +1. Perhaps it would have some sort of visual effect or appearance change however slight too in order to indicate it is esentially the advanced version, but regardless it gives something more to do for progression.

Also could be a quick and easy equalizer in terms of buffing/nerfing. Just give the weapons that are already awesome a fairly modest unique upgrade and the ones that no one will use something ridiculous and awesome like lato bullets casting chain lightning on contact or something crazy.

Also could be a quick and easy equalizer in terms of buffing/nerfing. Just give the weapons that are already awesome a fairly modest unique upgrade and the ones that no one will use something ridiculous and awesome like lato bullets casting chain lightning on contact or something crazy.

+1 for lato chain lighting

Edited by Neo3602

I assume the effect would persist after forma?  If so, the idea of giving each weapon an intrinsic effect upgrade that is unique would be fantastic.  Just to go down the list of a few things...

Burston: if all three bullets hit the weakpoint, the third does armor-ignoring damage

Braton: first bullet always perfectly accurate when zoomed

Dera: projectiles deal 50% damage to anything else aside from the target within 0.5 meters

Gorgon: reduced spin-up time

Supra: supra remains "charged" for up to 5 seconds after firing

Snipetron: intrinsic 5m puncture

Vulkar: can ricochet at angles of <25 degrees

Ogris: drops bomblets which bounce twice before exploding

Ignis: flames now stick to walls/floors/objects and can ignite passing enemies

The only concern here is that it could dilute the mod table.  Or are you suggesting that after completing the challenge you WILL get that particular upgrade?  I prefer that option.  It's a bit like Ratchet and Clank I guess.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I like the idea behind this, especially that it's a skill test. I am not a big fan of "something for nothing" in games like Warframe. Anything that puts more power to the skill of the player and keeps being "good" at pressing buttons in a coordinated order or aiming is a good thing in my book.