Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutagen Drops Serioulsy Need A Look At.

EclipsedHusky

The Grineer and Corpus research materials drop like crazy, but the mutagens hardly seem to drop at all. I've killed thousands of infested this weekend, opened many many boxes and crates... Is this the true mastery test? A test of how willing you are to waste away mission after mission for ONE mutagen in a blue moon? D:

Agreed. I've been trying to farm Mutagen for quite some time now, and it seems to be becoming even more sparse as the days go on. It's always been more scarce than the others, but at the beginning of U8 I would still find at least one per run (sometimes more), then it dwindled down to one per run if I was lucky, now I'm lucky if I find a single Mutagen drop over the span of several days. Either there's some secret untapped cash-cow mission for these that I haven't found yet, or something's a bit fishy...

Yeah, Mutagen is significantly rarer than Fieldron or Detonite for some reason. It's really frustrating, not to mention Mutagen is found on a grand total of TWO planets only, and i bloody hate fighting Infested (though that is a personal preference).

Pretty sure the problem is the fact that mutagen only drop from enemies. I have never seen a mutagen from a storage container, or a locker...Have resorted to farming phorid just for mutagens....

Mutagen drops from containers and lockers too. My main source of mutagen is from infested defense on jupiter, running around breaking all the containers. Edited by Madotsuki

• 2 weeks later...

bumping this instead of creating a new topic.

i've been farming mutagen for the acrid for a whole while on jupiter and eris and just now  went back to some corpus defense - and boy does fieldron drop left and right. so not only do we only have 2 planets for mutagen but the droprate is atrocious, whole xini runs went without any or only 1 mutagen - and now i get a constant 5+ fieldron from mid level corpus defense?

and since we are on the subject of ressources, remove the darned timers.

Edited by SlyBoots

However, the most you gonna need is 70 of them for the research weapons. Kinda hard to deal with it cause im only half way there since U8.

Except if, you know, you want to contribute to your clan rather than leach off it.

And yes, I never bothered to farm the other two, but I spent the better part of 2 days farming mutagens.

bumping this instead of creating a new topic.

i've been farming mutagen for the acrid for a whole while on jupiter and eris and just now  went back to some corpus defense - and boy does fieldron drop left and right. so not only do we only have 2 planets for mutagen but the droprate is atrocious, whole xini runs went without any or only 1 mutagen - and now i get a constant 5+ fieldron from mid level corpus defense?

and since we are on the subject of ressources, remove the darned timers.

yeah energy spheres and ammo last forever but affinity orbs disappear so fast