Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paragon is in Official Open Beta

Ibro156

Just now, Jeffrey94 said:

'any class based shooter copy'

Could go on for ages, all the way back to, like, Pong or something

except tf2 grew into it's own genre territory.

which is heresy to replicate.

no seriously i have to sit there helpless as my pocket spams their overwatch spray and complains i'm a bad medic when in reality i'm working my arse off

1 minute ago, TheMetrocop said:

except tf2 grew into it's own genre territory.

which is heresy to replicate.

no seriously i have to sit there helpless as my pocket spams their overwatch spray and complains i'm a bad medic when in reality i'm working my arse off

Soldiers in tf2 are always ungrateful b$&@tards. Can't realize how good they have it compared to every other class.

Like, they 2-3 rocket a level 3 sentry. That takes at least a minute of non disruption to make.

And still the soldier mains b&@$% about engie.

I played huntsman sniper for a while. Felt good to be dishing out one shots on rofl-stomping soldiers who thinks snipers are free kills. 

One of my friends in tf2 is a soldier main, and I start to lose my mind when he complains that he's not one hitting things because of the danger shield, gunslinger, wee booties, etc.

so yeah, /rant on tf2 in general.

1 minute ago, Zoracraft said:

Soldiers in tf2 are always ungrateful b$&@tards. Can't realize how good they have it compared to every other class.

Like, they 2-3 rocket a level 3 sentry. That takes at least a minute of non disruption to make.

And still the soldier mains b&@$% about engie.

I played huntsman sniper for a while. Felt good to be dishing out one shots on rofl-stomping soldiers who thinks snipers are free kills. 

One of my friends in tf2 is a soldier main, and I start to lose my mind when he complains that he's not one hitting things because of the danger shield, gunslinger, wee booties, etc.

so yeah, /rant on tf2 in general.

one time this utter dooshbag(spelled wonky for gits n shiggles) literally had a spambot tell players to 'go check out da rbwy soundtreck it's fokin awsom' every 30 seconds and the guy avoided my point that he was spamming, and dissed me for being a hater.

needless to say I got to tumblr-level triggered and went to go take a nap for a few hours.

1 minute ago, TheMetrocop said:

one time this utter dooshbag(spelled wonky for gits n shiggles) literally had a spambot tell players to 'go check out da rbwy soundtreck it's fokin awsom' every 30 seconds and the guy avoided my point that he was spamming, and dissed me for being a hater.

needless to say I got to tumblr-level triggered and went to go take a nap for a few hours.

Yeah, I feel like the meet your match update doomed tf2 community wise.

tf2 was unique. It was a well balanced game that was played mostly casually. You could go in, have a good time, and move on, even if you got slaughtered.

Then this "competitive" movement got going, Valve started inviting almost exclusively pro players to give feedback on the game (they pretty much completely ignore 4 of the 9 classes in the game, making this even more of a terrific idea), and in the end they made an update that literally erased the casual mode from tf2 (it's only present on community servers now, which are, of course, excluded from matchmaking).

Now we have this amalgamation of a game whose casual mode says "prepare for competition in 10 seconds", and everyone and their mother either puts on their try-hard pants (playing soldier), or leaves because the game is trying to be something it's not.

I mean, tf2 is closer to CS:GO in terms of mechanics than overwatch. Quite a few weapons and utility items, but no/few (depending on if you count invisiwatch) "powers" that MOBAs are famous for. But still, valve felt like tf2 needed to "join or die" in regards to the competitive train, and now the tf2 most of us know and love is dead.

This isn't even mentioning the sudden influx of hackers that mysteriously showed up when things got "serious". How can I take a game seriously when it becomes "which team has the most spinbots".

1 hour ago, Zoracraft said:

Yeah, I feel like the meet your match update doomed tf2 community wise.

tf2 was unique. It was a well balanced game that was played mostly casually. You could go in, have a good time, and move on, even if you got slaughtered.

Then this "competitive" movement got going, Valve started inviting almost exclusively pro players to give feedback on the game (they pretty much completely ignore 4 of the 9 classes in the game, making this even more of a terrific idea), and in the end they made an update that literally erased the casual mode from tf2 (it's only present on community servers now, which are, of course, excluded from matchmaking).

Now we have this amalgamation of a game whose casual mode says "prepare for competition in 10 seconds", and everyone and their mother either puts on their try-hard pants (playing soldier), or leaves because the game is trying to be something it's not.

I mean, tf2 is closer to CS:GO in terms of mechanics than overwatch. Quite a few weapons and utility items, but no/few (depending on if you count invisiwatch) "powers" that MOBAs are famous for. But still, valve felt like tf2 needed to "join or die" in regards to the competitive train, and now the tf2 most of us know and love is dead.

This isn't even mentioning the sudden influx of hackers that mysteriously showed up when things got "serious". How can I take a game seriously when it becomes "which team has the most spinbots".

i know firepowered servers(I, personally am frequently on the turbine 24/7 server harmlessly screwing around(usually around my own spawn but if not I don't usually take it too far) but most of the time i'm competitive medic/pocket medicing.

speaking of which medic has been pretty neglected in my opinion recently. there's been little class cosmetics for him, no new weapons, etc.

2 hours ago, TheMetrocop said:

i know firepowered servers(I, personally am frequently on the turbine 24/7 server harmlessly screwing around(usually around my own spawn but if not I don't usually take it too far) but most of the time i'm competitive medic/pocket medicing.

speaking of which medic has been pretty neglected in my opinion recently. there's been little class cosmetics for him, no new weapons, etc.

Yeah. I wish they would give him a medigun that was worse at healing, but could resurrect people like you can in Mann vs Machine (maybe only as an ubercharge, but have it keep 4 charges like the vaccinator). For those instances when your entire team is at low health and on fire. Call it the NecroMannSir or something funny like that. Medic just feels like a total drag to play, and his fun loadout (battle medic) is either ludicrously cheap for the other team, or completely useless, depending on the scenario.

I've been playtesting the frontline map on UEAKcrash's server, and it is loads more fun than the casual mode we have currently. I wish valve would just transfer the tf2 ip to a coalition of community members and be done with it: their changes are far too tone deaf to the community's issues to be of any real use.

3 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

Yeah. I wish they would give him a medigun that was worse at healing, but could resurrect people like you can in Mann vs Machine (maybe only as an ubercharge, but have it keep 4 charges like the vaccinator). For those instances when your entire team is at low health and on fire. Call it the NecroMannSir or something funny like that. Medic just feels like a total drag to play, and his fun loadout (battle medic) is either ludicrously cheap for the other team, or completely useless, depending on the scenario.

I've been playtesting the frontline map on UEAKcrash's server, and it is loads more fun than the casual mode we have currently. I wish valve would just transfer the tf2 ip to a coalition of community members and be done with it: their changes are far too tone deaf to the community's issues to be of any real use.

he also kinda lacks attention in the lore department, which is a bummer since he does seem like an interesting character.

all we really have is "i lost muh medicul lisens n i hav a buncha burdz hur dur strudels"