Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

compare and contrasting warframe feedback to skyrim mods

zoobmer

I'll say one thing out right: in both these cases, it is very important that it be community driven. however, the two things are worlds apart.

if I download a skyrim mod to get extra perk points, and you download a mod to give you tougher enemies, we get two vastly different changes to the game play, but we are both satisfied. people could even download the same mod for different purposes; for example the deadly dragons mod can do both of the things listed above, but has settings that allow you to choose just how tougher the dragons are, as well as settings to decide how many extra perk points you can acquire within a span of time.

but that's the thing about skyrim: it's an individual experience. two players can choose to play it differently without effecting each other's game play. even with a game like Borderlands, the small number of players per game means that such changes to game play will only effect those who wish to be effected. although I've never heard of anyone modding borderlands specifically, I'm merely using it as an example of a game were small groups create their own play throughs.

the thing that makes warframe different from those games is that, all the players, to some degree, share a world. any change to the gameplay effects all players equally. one player may want a change that is not best for the player base as a whole. and that brings me to my original point: why it's important for these things to be community driven.

in the case of Skyrim, it's to have more choices. the more people contributing to the pool of mods that exist, the more choices people have for adding extra tools to their game play, make it more challenging, or simply change the aesthetics of the game. as the world of the game is individual to each player, the community pools together their idease, technical know how, and the like, to give more options for how the game can be played.

however for warframe, the more people contribute, the more the end result will be the will of the majority. I've made multiple suggestions that other players disagreed with, causing me to retract them. other suggestions I've made had a positive response, but may have gone unnoticed by the devs, making me think of reiterating them months down the line if they are not implemented. this is only possible in a community driven forum, where people can respond  to each others suggestions. writing privately to the devs could not possibly be as effective in assessing if one's suggestions are actually good for the community at large.

so in the end, both skyrim mods and warframe feed back work best when as many people as possible contribute within the community; even though the two work in such different ways.