Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Basic Game Info Being, You Know, In The Game.

Caernarvon

The more I play this game the more I realize that pretty much all important info that I learned about gameplay, farming or fusion I did through either the wiki or through other discussion places. See, this doesn't bother me all that much because I always check wikis and such for games, just in case. "Just in case" that is. Not everybody does this.

And Warframe has real issues, as a game, when it comes to providing basic info by itself.

From full weapon stats to what mods actually change about those stats, to which of those mods actually affect Sentinel weapons and what ability upgrades actually do in terms of numbers, nothing is shown in the game. You have to either guess or get info from elsewhere.

Even basic weapon functions and mechanics are absent. How does a new player know that his Cronus does triple damage to Infested and his baking Fragor will ignore armor? Or that heavy weapons have stagger resistance when swinging? Etc etc. Nevermind that the wiki isn't even fully reliable about some of those matters.

Basic info is one of the most essential things about a game, and is something that should have been ironed out right from the start in Warframe.

Edit: Here's an example of weapon stats in another game. Said other game does not even have features like mods and such, and yet see how detailed the info is. Any changes made to the weapon (by adding a front grip for example) apply directly to the numbers shown too.

oh7nm9.png

Edited by Caernarvon

Yeah this has really bugged me too. Granted, I don't mind going to the wiki. But we shouldn't have to. If you are going to make the strategy of the game based around numbers, you need to provide those numbers.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

Basic info is one of the most essential things about a game, and is something that should have been ironed out right from the start in Warframe.

This has always bothered me as well.  The only reason it doesn't bother me more is that DE is always putting out lots of great content.  I'm really hoping U9: Duct Tape is going to address this, since Steve said that they would be working on polishing a lot of things about the game.

This has always bothered me as well.  The only reason it doesn't bother me more is that DE is always putting out lots of great content.  I'm really hoping U9: Duct Tape is going to address this, since Steve said that they would be working on polishing a lot of things about the game.

Haha. Duct Tape is the perfect name for it.

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this thread, it is a subject that has been brought up many times in the past, but hopefully the more we bring it up the more likely DE is to fix the problem, especially with U9 being a "polishing pass" at the game. Games such as League of Legends disclose literally every single number when it comes down to champion abilities/stats/etc, why is DE so afraid to tell us what they are really changing? The patch notes for Warframe are the most vague things I have ever read when it comes to important information and almost every time there is a major change to a Warframe or weapon or mod, players have to in-game test it to verify number changes, it is a lot of speculation and it is the most frustrating thing to deal with. DE - PLEASE TELL US WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW!!!

I don't think everything needs to be explained in game, but there are a lot of things that do that aren't in there, like about half of the Warframe abilities, most of the weapon stats, and a couple of mod mechanics could be better explained (Puncture, for example).

first off, take a look at just about any game (mostly shooters), how many of them give you any real info on anything in game? 

going to wikis or min-maxing sites is a normal thing for most "gamers" as most games usually give you a bar for a stat.

first off, take a look at just about any game (mostly shooters), how many of them give you any real info on anything in game? 

going to wikis or min-maxing sites is a normal thing for most "gamers" as most games usually give you a bar for a stat.

We don't even have a bar.

I'd like to have all stats ingame. For everything. I think it's only fair, considering we have % based mods.

It becomes even more important when mods arbitrarily affect (or don't) certain aspects of frames or weapons (eg: Continuity applying to Overheat but not to Fire Blast).

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this thread, it is a subject that has been brought up many times in the past, but hopefully the more we bring it up the more likely DE is to fix the problem, especially with U9 being a "polishing pass" at the game. Games such as League of Legends disclose literally every single number when it comes down to champion abilities/stats/etc, why is DE so afraid to tell us what they are really changing? The patch notes for Warframe are the most vague things I have ever read when it comes to important information and almost every time there is a major change to a Warframe or weapon or mod, players have to in-game test it to verify number changes, it is a lot of speculation and it is the most frustrating thing to deal with. DE - PLEASE TELL US WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW!!!

I suspect that they're afraid to disclose the specifics of changes becasue the community kicks up a stink every time anything gets even a tiny nerf. Not that I agree with their policy, I think they should be more open, I'm just saying the community is always looking over the patchnotes with torches and pitchforks in hand.

Well, to be fair a bar is all you need in most shooters because most shooters don't involve detailed modding, levelling up, special superpowers with vague descriptions and hidden effects or anything like that. Crit chances, streamline's mechanic and a lot of the 'frame abilities are incredibly vague and need better descriptions. Not saying I want every detail put down, just make information about what our equipment actually does available in-game.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

first off, take a look at just about any game (mostly shooters),

That's the thing though, shooters aren't about min-maxing, and weapons have simple, easy to understand functions.

And actually, some shooters give you loads of info.

Planetside 2 gives you the damage and damage loss with range (complete with a graph showing you damage x distance), the muzzle velocity, the ROF in RPM, the exact dispersion in any position, and the accuracy loss after each shot.

oh7nm9.png

As you can see, there's even a comparison feature.

Edited by Caernarvon

Edit: Here's an example of weapon stats in another game. Said other game does not even have features like mods and such, and yet see how detailed the info is. Any changes made to the weapon (by adding a front grip for example) apply directly to the numbers shown too.

I would like to see this too,

However, one reason the other game can give you all of that detailed info so easily is bc it 'doesnt have features like mods and such'. It's much easier to give a fixed value than one that is affected by 10 levels of 20 different mods which all interact with 5 different armor types and 5 damage types (estimations).

I would like to see this too,

However, one reason the other game can give you all of that detailed info so easily is bc it 'doesnt have features like mods and such'. It's much easier to give a fixed value than one that is affected by 10 levels of 20 different mods which all interact with 5 different armor types and 5 damage types (estimations).

Base stats would suffice for most people, I believe.