Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Passive Skill System - More Warframe Characteristic

YYing

Passive Skill can change many things, we can even add some special action to special warframe.

The differece between warframes isnt clear enough without skills

Every warframe should have special passive skill, make them more special, give them special worth.

The Passive Skill doesn't have to made as mod, it can also made as polar and reactor, it can be not easy to get because it change much.

And we can let player make the choice.

We can give 2 passive skill to 1 warframe, each of them can make the warframe do something great,but you can just choose one.

It means you have to choose what should you do.

Of course , although you have the passive skill,you can change your choice easy.

its just a temtative idea  now , but i see a great prospect

Because we can do too much.

Example of passive skills? Currently i feel like warframes are very different with their theme via ability and look. Or do you mean old pre-update 7 passive skill system tree, that was remade into current mod system? Or do you mean another passive artifact slot?

Edit: Also artifacts are currently being remade into aura-type mods. We dont know how new artifacts are gonna work.

Edited by eStecko

Example of passive skills? Currently i feel like warframes are very different with their theme via ability and look. Or do you mean old pre-update 7 passive skill system tree, that was remade into current mod system? Or do you mean another passive artifact slot?

Edit: Also artifacts are currently being remade into aura-type mods. We dont know how new artifacts are gonna work.

I want another passive skill slot

Which is different at every warframe

For him and Only for him

It means we can use it to change Our Way To Play Specific Warframe

For Example

We can give Loki a passive skill : "Slash Burst"

“When you use melee attack at parkour or rush, you active an Slash Burst, which make you move a short distence and attack all enemys on your route with melee attack”

Or we can give it "Speed Burst"

“When you keep parkour or rush 3 seconds, you have the speed burst buff,which make you move 20% faster”

These are small action mode change

And we can try to lead player action

We can give Ash a passive skill  "Back Attack"

“When you attack enemy at side, you'll have another 20% critical chance”

Or we can give Mag "Double Crush"

"When you use power to an enemy more than once, your second power will deal another 500 damage to him"

Even simple change can give warframe more characteristic

We can give Frost the " Cold Masrer "

"You are immune Ice enviornment effect , your Ice damage increace 20%"

I'll say This Is Real Frost

Just like i said , we can do much

I think adding unique traits to frames that aren't actives is a good idea.  They could be power mods as well allowing for more customization because right out without formas it feels like you're expected to just bring all four powers.  It would also be a great way to give the frames strengths to increase viability other than things like the ability of their 4 to clear a defense map.

I think a bonus based off enemy proximity for mag would be neat.  "magnetic personality" or something.

Great and wonderful idea, would also give you a reason to want to run Frost on a ice map or some such. Or to have a team of Embers VS a boss who does fire.

These would be passive abilities each warframe has, sort of like how certain weapons have armor ignore or stun, ect, that you don't know about until you use them or read on the wiki.

On top of that, they possibly COULD add in more than one passive skill, such as giving Ash one skill that increases crit damage when cloaked AND behind someone or another one that just increases his crit chance when attacking from behind. Another one would be for Frost, giving him immunity to ice levels, the other power would be a reduction to frost based damage. How ever each SHOULD have some drawbacks, like Frost's passives would make him more vulnerable to fire. Ash's passives could make it so enemies have a better chance of doing crit damage on him or reducing his armor or something along those lines.

Really good idea, something that defines each individual warframe further and opens up new possibilities for squad setups. Perhaps (though not with all of them) some of these passives when combined with another warframe's passive give a special effect too. Could open up varying tactics for dealing with mobs, some that favour melee, some that favour stealth, and some that favour run 'n' gun.

Great and wonderful idea, would also give you a reason to want to run Frost on a ice map or some such. Or to have a team of Embers VS a boss who does fire.

These would be passive abilities each warframe has, sort of like how certain weapons have armor ignore or stun, ect, that you don't know about until you use them or read on the wiki.

On top of that, they possibly COULD add in more than one passive skill, such as giving Ash one skill that increases crit damage when cloaked AND behind someone or another one that just increases his crit chance when attacking from behind. Another one would be for Frost, giving him immunity to ice levels, the other power would be a reduction to frost based damage. How ever each SHOULD have some drawbacks, like Frost's passives would make him more vulnerable to fire. Ash's passives could make it so enemies have a better chance of doing crit damage on him or reducing his armor or something along those lines.

yes,yes

benefit & weekness

we dont have to simply add something good

when you think this, its also expand the system

with a standard, we can balance the benefit and weekness , pure benefit with low effect , and  if you want more effect , gain more weekness. 

off course ,  weekness also base frame theme

so all trial point to one thing : make frames more special

its still a blank area at this game

so when you think about it , it start more and more intresting and charming

we can do much

I had this though also a while back but I remember them saying something in a livestream about not wanting to do passive skills.

Volt energy regen

Trinity Health regen

Mag would increase shields (Due to being able to deflect bullets with her magnetic magic or what not) or make weapons less accurate/more accurate.

Loki could help with pickups such as cash, ammo, and resupplies. (That thief)

Banshees silence could be and aura finally freeing her up to have a useful number 3

Ash would gain back stabs like YYing said

Nyx could reduce reaction time of enemies or create random distractions at random times to random enemies?

Rhino could do his Rhino charge instead of rolling forward or something.

Frost what YYing said

Ember catches fire when sprinting

Saryn Permanent Contagion

Vauban could enable the kick from group button or well you know just disable turrets and security cameras

Antimatter frame could make random bodies explode or something.

I support this. Another benefit is that it would do something to make warframes unique at rank 0. Right now when you first create a new account or pop a new frame out of the foundry they are all the same until you level them enough to equip a skill. Giving them a passive at rank 0 would help to make them feel more unique right from the start.