Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Exciting And Challenging Team Based Combat

NutellaPhreak

Here's a few ideas to greatly improve the excitement of combat and add unique and challenging team focused battles.

The main thing I would love to see would be the addition of more difficult enemies and I don't just mean that I want enemies to have more health and deal more damage but I really want to see the addition and implementation of mini-bosses................. here's how it would work

As you and your team travel through the map you would have a chance to encounter a mini-boss or multiple mini-bosses each mission.

While we're in combat with normal enemies, all of a sudden a mini-boss would rush through the door and lock it behind itself, thus trapping us inside, encouraging us to stay as a group in order to stay safe and not rush ahead.

The mini-bosses would be very mobile and react to player actions. For example: if all four Tenno are firing on the mini-boss it would not just stand there and fire back but rather it would do one of two things, it would either rush towards a player with a very deadly attack that must be dodged quickly and if it's not they're knocked out and must be revived, or the mini-boss would retreat and send minions at us while it regains its strength from a deployable osprey.

In order to greater increase the challenge, these mini-bosses might have their own ability similar to frosts ice bolt or ash's smoke cloud. This would allow the boss to remove one player from the fight (by freezing them) and make it more difficult on the remaining players, or allow it to assassinate one teammate and cause the rest to panic and struggle to revive their fallen teammate.

I really would like to emphasize once more how mobile and reacting I would want these mini-bosses to be or else they would be very boring and not provide much of a challenge.

Finally when these mini-bosses are killed they drop a mod or two and the door is unlocked.

Here's another few ideas of mine that would improve combat excitement and variety.

Adding new mission types including parkour and melee only.

A parkour mission could be this: The ship is going down and the Tenno have 3 minutes to escape. They would be required to parkour their way to the escape pods by wallrunning, sliding, flipping, etc. 

A melee only mission could be this: The Tenno have been captured and their primary and secondary weapons have been taken from them but they get free. The players then fight their way through rooms of intelligent enemies who only have melee weapons as well and can wall run and perform advanced maneuvers in order to fight the players. It would also be very interesting if the block mechanic was used more here and was actually given to the enemy, allowing them to parry your attacks and for you to parry and block back...... how awesome would it be for four Tenno to be in a giant room with 20-30+ grineer who are all running on walls and performing jump attacks from high up that we would have to dodge. Then we would find a more trained grineer who can block and we would go into a more one on one battle with it by blocking it's attacks and finding ways to prevent them from blocking. If a grineer runs from you when it's low on health you could chase it on the walls and finally catch up to it and kill them.

Main thoughts

I really want more intelligent enemies who react to the players actions by retreating when required to or charging in for melee combat in order to put pressure on the players.

I also really would like to see more complex enemies, similar to how fighting a stalker is exciting, but even more fun and WAY more common.

These mini-bosses could also help to convince teams to stick together for their own safety in order to defeat these mini-bosses.

I really don't care to see new Warframes right now but I would really like to see new planets with new bosses.

Banshee and Vauban are already difficult to obtain because they don't have a boss you can farm to obtain their blueprints and to prevent more and more warframes from having this issue, new planets and bosses need to be added before new warframes at this point.

More focus on enemy intelligence, complexity, and difficulty would be great. I really want to feel in danger of dying any second when fighting certain enemies like mini-bosses because I'll know what they're capable of and how smart I'll have to play in order to keep myself out of harms way.

Thank you so much if you read this all the way through, I'd really like your feedback and I'd especially like the Warframe developers to give this a bit of thought.

A melee only mission could be this: The Tenno have been captured and their primary and secondary weapons have been taken from them but they get free. The players then fight their way through rooms of intelligent enemies who only have melee weapons as well and can wall run and perform advanced maneuvers in order to fight the players. It would also be very interesting if the block mechanic was used more here and was actually given to the enemy, allowing them to parry your attacks and for you to parry and block back...... how awesome would it be for four Tenno to be in a giant room with 20-30+ grineer who are all running on walls and performing jump attacks from high up that we would have to dodge. Then we would find a more trained grineer who can block and we would go into a more one on one battle with it by blocking it's attacks and finding ways to prevent them from blocking. If a grineer runs from you when it's low on health you could chase it on the walls and finally catch up to it and kill them.

That would be freaking awesome. Got my support!

Enemies that can do ninja moves like us would be insanely hard to set up... I mean, pathnoding everywhere. Oh my god. It'd be like a spider's web to the level designers... and the glitches!

Otherwise, I love these ideas. This kinda thing has been discussed before, and it always sounds great: the addition of "special limit" missions with some kind of time or weapon restriction... it'd be great fun!

Also, this: