Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did they buff Eximus units?

DEATHLOK

Question

They seem way tougher than yesterday. Never seen so many groups fail a mission the way I have today.

I remember the buff to enemy units in endless missions a couple months back, but this is something more. The second sortie mission is flooded with Eximus units. You will have no energy. You will be getting knocked down constantly. Your movement speed will be cut down to a fraction of normal. And you'll run out of ammo. There will be lots of dying. No fun.

Edited by DEATHLOK

8 answers to this question

I have done PLENTY of Eximus Stronghold Sortie missions. I know what they are. This was entirely different.

There were so many Eximus enemies doing so many AoE procs that every squad I went out on, a dozen or so, failed the mission. It was like a Gift of the Lotus Eximus Stronghold Sortie, cranked up to 11.

The only way I got through is is because, eventually, and for no damn reason at all, we found ourselves in a match that wasn't raining Eximus. Maybe we were too spread out. Maybe there was a glitch, but we spent a lot of time walking around looking for a fight. And that's the only reason we go through it.

When Trinity no longer has energy to EV, there's something going on.

4 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

I have done PLENTY of Eximus Stronghold Sortie missions. I know what they are. This was entirely different.

There were so many Eximus enemies doing so many AoE procs that every squad I went out on, a dozen or so, failed the mission. It was like a Gift of the Lotus Eximus Stronghold Sortie, cranked up to 11.

The only way I got through is is because, eventually, and for no damn reason at all, we found ourselves in a match that wasn't raining Eximus. Maybe we were too spread out. Maybe there was a glitch, but we spent a lot of time walking around looking for a fight. And that's the only reason we go through it.

When Trinity no longer has energy to EV, there's something going on.

I completed the survival on the first try and it was a pub game, so the trinity was not built for EV. My squad had a duration build trinity, a regular rhino and a nyx trying out the new absorb augment. I was an Inaros because it's my usual go to frame in pub survival sorties. I admit, it was raining eximus and I admit that the arsons really can do chain knockdowns, but do note that our nyx always almost had her absorb up even with energy leeches around. Energy leeches by the way cannot stack their auras so it's always a 5 energy drain per second.

The only real problems I had was chain arson knockdowns and life support at the end, and try to use something that deals a ton of damage in one go to quickly finish them off. Maybe my squad had good cc, I don't know. You can by the way also block arson knockdowns with meelee block and bullet jumping still allows some movement under arctic auras. I had to admit I was also using a corossive tonkor, because eximus strongholds give so much focus  to farm.

5 hours ago, 4holes said:

I completed the survival on the first try and it was a pub game, so the trinity was not built for EV. My squad had a duration build trinity, a regular rhino and a nyx trying out the new absorb augment. I was an Inaros because it's my usual go to frame in pub survival sorties. I admit, it was raining eximus and I admit that the arsons really can do chain knockdowns, but do note that our nyx always almost had her absorb up even with energy leeches around. Energy leeches by the way cannot stack their auras so it's always a 5 energy drain per second.

The only real problems I had was chain arson knockdowns and life support at the end, and try to use something that deals a ton of damage in one go to quickly finish them off. Maybe my squad had good cc, I don't know. You can by the way also block arson knockdowns with meelee block and bullet jumping still allows some movement under arctic auras. I had to admit I was also using a corossive tonkor, because eximus strongholds give so much focus  to farm.

So maybe they didn't buff the enemies, but buffed the mission? Cranked up the spawning pattern?

I appreciate your answer, which was a lot more than I expected to get. Trinity was just one of the frames I tried and given as an example. I tried Nova first, then Frost, then Trinity, and finally went back to Frost—my personal favorite at the time. There was lots of losing, no matter what frame I had, until that last match. Rhino would have been a good choice. Maybe next time.

Could use some better weapons. The Soma Prime with Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds has been wonderful, but I know there are stronger weapons available. I need to get my Tonkor up to snuff, as it's been collecting dust since hitting level 30.

Thanks again!