Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everything Everywhere At Once

Feam

I've had the buggiest, worst session in warframe that I've ever had in my life just now. Anyone cares to shed some light about what is simply broken, bad, intentional, or dumb?

Joined the Operation Alert with a small team, Host's internet exploded and we lagged for a minute before he left. 5 seconds after the host migration ends, second host leaves. Alert probably ended at that point because for the next 15 waves I was alone with a single person.

As two people defending without a Snow Globe, in a Corpus Defense, we couldn't spare a second.

1.I saw at least 6 Resource Drops disappear ~5 meters infront of me because I could only pick them up every minute or so. Did the duration they last for get slammed into the ground completely? Why in the heck would that happen, and why would it be one of the hundreds of features that get pushed in unannounced? Even if it isn't, will we ever see an increase to that - or must we choose between playing and running around after loot?

After begging for clanmates to join and save us to no avail (Mainly because there is no proper way to quickly get them in or direct them towards joining me, and alternatively because we might not be allowed to anymore after alert ends?), I ended up falling down a few dozen times. Team mate picks me up, I kill more, I fall more.

2.Until he can no longer click to revive me, and then I just die, sit there while he runs all around me trying to find a spot he can use, and I end up reviving.

When I ran out of revives, I can see the textbox and a clanmate saying: "Hey I send you a friend invite, want me to join and help you?"

3.But as a dead person I am only given the option to leave, or revive? I can't chat back, I can't open contacts, I can't invite, I can only hopelessly look as my friend is slaughtered by hundreds of enemies. Is this intentional?

After 16/20 waves done, we are defeated. After killing about 500 corpus, 90% of them dying by my abilities, Naturally I got a lot of XP towards my Vauban and it reached Level 21 (Without the YELLOW-ORANGE XP at the end of the mission, the Bonus XP, because we failed.)

4.I go to my Arsenal, and I'm back at level 19.

After the giant (and necessary) nerf towards mission failures to prevent abuse occured, the one thing we were promised is "You will keep the progress you made with your Weapons and Warframe, you will keep your XP/Affinity, You will keep your levels. Anything but the Bonus XP."

Did I completely misunderstand that or did something go horrendously wrong? The entire run was for naught, and the Alert was already over.

TL;DR -

• The Loot system is mindnumbingly brutal sometimes, and must Resource Drops disappear so fast?
  • After you fall enough times people are suddenly unable to pick you up again and you just keep dying?
  • Dead people can't chat or invite people or accept friend adds or do anything, even rotate camera or look around?
  • Is there really no efficient way to invite players to your game in this co-op shooter?
  • XP and Affinity reset after losing a mission?
  • Will Host Migration continue to be the supervillain of this game?
  • Find out the answers to these questions and a whole lot more in the next episode of "Warframe - The Forum Rant!"
Edited by Feam

Wow, that sounds like it sucks. Wish DE was working more on stuff like this instead of giving Ash new shiny animations.

While I am a huge supporter of effort towards existing issues instead of newer content / flavor (All hail Update 9, our new Messiah)...

Ash deserves it, man :P

And It's not like Geoff is the one responsible for the resources that continously prank me.

Frankly? the new Ash animations ARE the effort towards existing issues. It is just the kind of things I love to see the Animation team doing!

On another note, I need to start playing Warframe with a yellow legal pad to write down all of the nonsense I encounter... since the creation of this thread I've got enough material for 2 new ones ><