Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Impedance Stacks Nicely X3 - Video

mogamu

livestream 8 said in the near future they intend to change the artifact system, allowing them to be upgradable cards, very similar, if not becoming part of, the mod system.

that being said, stacking upgraded artifacts (energy siphon will become an "aura") would be hugely beneficial. however it seemed like they'll be tied to frames specifically, not so much a universal "player" artifact anymore.

regardless, an upgraded energy siphon would have the same effect as 2x + stacked, while still allowing for others...

rank 5 energy siphon would be greater than 4 stacked, while still allowing, say, rank 4 infested impedance with a rank 2 shield disruption, and rank 3 rifle amp..........

(or whatever your preferred combination with a set group... however, i like them being artifacts, though upgradeable would be beneficial.)
in this manner, u would still be able to see who has what on in ur party while still in the lobby, so that they can be changed out before entering a mission... having 4 ppl with max rank energy siphon without knowing would be worse than knowing what everyone has, regardless of upgrade or not.

basically, i like the upgradeable / fusion system idea of them, but don't like how they'll be tied to ur frame specifically.

e.g. if i'm using a new rifle or melee wep then obviously i want to boost that wep's output, but if 3 others are using rifle amp, then i know i don't need it too (especially if they're upgraded rank)

and just because i'm using, for example, my ember, doesn't mean i HAVE to have energy siphon.. again, i could be using a melee amp with a new melee wep, or rifle amp with new rifle.

the artifacts, imo, are designed to be altered based on current loadout, dependent on frame, player style, and more importantly, current enemy / target. (infested impedance is useless on grineer and would be nice to know someone has it on so u can let them know "hey, change it")

i have ADD so i lose myself sometimes and end up randomly rambling the same point in different contexts..

anywho, converting the artifact system to mods as a whole is a huge mistake, period.

however, allowing for upgrades is, on the other hand, not.