Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Potato Famine

NotaWarbrosAlt

When is DE going to acknowledge that catalysts/reactors have been removed from the alert pool? It's been a month.

sccKloX.jpg

It's nice to go and claim "Oh it's just RNG, it's still on the table!" What's the drop rate, .0001%? At least have the decency to tell us they've been removed instead of lying to us.

Consider this. Potatoes are probably still on the RNG table. But with a low as hell chance. With added crap to the table and the seemingly high Artifact alert % you have your reason why there hasn't been any. They already stated in the last livestream  that they plan to add a system where-in when something pops in an alert it gets it's chance to appear again lowered while other alert "items" get there chances raised. Or something along these lines, I can't recall it to a T.

Also, if you decide to run some numbers with estimated %s from the past several weeks/months of pop-ups you could probably find a decent showing of the percents to an interestingly accurate degree. Keeping in mind you'd have to remove the livestream potatoes if you wanted this number to be more accurate. I have a feeling if you did run the numbers you'd find out a very very very slim chance of potatoes popping up. We really need to just sit back and wait for Update Cirno.

All in all I do hope we see more of them (who doesn't want to see more of them?), but I'll be patient.

When is DE going to acknowledge that catalysts/reactors have been removed from the alert pool? It's been a month.

It's nice to go and claim "Oh it's just RNG, it's still on the table!" What's the drop rate, .0001%? At least have the decency to tell us they've been removed instead of lying to us.

Have they stated somewhere that they haven't removed them? Failing to inform us they were removed is not lying to us.

Check your entitlement.

This isn't productive and I don't think it's relevant either. This topic analyzes a trend and asks for honesty from DE. The OP isn't asking for potatoes, it's asking for a reexamination of the loot pool or a statement saying they've discontinued random potato alerts. Edited by Kyrkitao

This isn't productive and I don't think it's relevant either. This topic analyzes a trend and asks for honesty from DE. The OP isn't asking for potatoes, it's asking for a reexamination of the loot pool or a statement saying they've discontinued random potato alerts.

Spoilsport

Have they stated somewhere that they haven't removed them? Failing to inform us they were removed is not lying to us.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66006-on-the-matter-of-potatoes-and-alerts-and-discounts/page-3#entry695469

Yes. They have stated they haven't removed them. Yet clearly, they are not present.

Edited by NotaWarbrosAlt

How do we know that the first 5 weeks weren't lucky? DE probably wanted around 1 a week and if you include forma, which probably shares a table with potatoes, then we are really not seeing anything too crazy.

Yeah. Let's completely disregard all the trends in alerts that have occurred since the game implemented this system and establish the famine as the average.

Great idea.

Yeah. Let's completely disregard all the trends in alerts that have occurred since the game implemented this system and establish the famine as the average.

Great idea.

I was looking at the data he provided. If you want to quote more data go ahead and add it to the conversation. Either way, no one is counting forma which would share the drop rate of both potatoes. It's pointless to complain about it when DE has already given us a solution and said it will be on the way very soon.

I was looking at the data he provided. If you want to quote more data go ahead and add it to the conversation. 

If you've played the game longer than the past month you'd know we're calling it a famine for a reason.

Either way, no one is counting forma which would share the drop rate of both potatoes.

Yes. Potatoes, which give 30 full mod points, and forma, which will give at max 7 or 8 more, are toootally equivalent in value. Everyone wants a forma just as much as he wants a catalyst or reactor, am I right?

It's pointless to complain about it when DE has already given us a solution and said it will be on the way very soon.

We're doubtful that this "solution" would help at all, when it eventually comes. Will it apply to artifacts as well as other items? Does this mean all the items in the drop table will cycle once before any duplicate items? Seems to me that all this will accomplish is screwing over anyone who takes a break from the game for half an hour. If you miss what you want seems like you won't see it again for a month.

They should have never made potatoes easy to get in the past. Now there just getting all this backlash for cutting off the supply and making people buy them with plat for now on.

It puts the lie to the "You can get everything in-game without paying for it" spiel they touted at E3. I guess you'd prefer to go against that idea and force everyone to pay for everything? I mean come on, man, devs need to eat.

Soon, eh? Just like trading? DE has a pretty poor record for delivering when they say they will. In the meantime discontent grows.

Oh ya, a terrible record. Like how they said they'd change defense rewards and totally never did it. Or when people said the hek was OP/UP, definitely never delivered. They're like a narcoleptic pizza man or something else that never does what you want it to on time.

E3 took a lot of time. Since then we've heard about some major changes they want to implement. No one wants changes to be implemented without DE testing them. So if you want a good solution instead of a rough patch job then we have to wait. Rushing leads to things like the slide/rhino/shotgun nerfs.