Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fix error problem

Nightindale

Question

Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable.

ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT

The update will be restarted shortly..

I've been stuck to this for about a week, can't play. Do some research about how to fix and here's the list I've try so far

1. Disable 64Bit Mode
2. Verifying cache
3. Enable TLS 1.0 in Chrome
4. Running as Admin with win7 Compatibility
5. Rebooting PC
6. Delete and Re-download it (probably 3 or 4 times)
7. Waiting for hours. (They said just wait until it fixed by itself)

and until now, nothing work for me. Can anybody give some more things I need to try, or even the way I can fix this thing..

2 answers to this question

This isnt another solution but may help to rule one out. i was messing with settings and that the other week and when i told Warframe to run as admin, it would load launcher then give same message. only other thing i could suggest would be if your running it thru steam try setting steam not to run as admin and see if that helps. Also double check your firewall or antivirus hasnt decided to start blocking it

Found this post by a player called Machete Santa on the Steam Warframe forums, you could see if this helps you any 

This is what worked for me, and SHOULD be the first thing anyone does: LOOK AT THE LAUNCHER'S LOG FILE!

This can literally save you hours of troubleshooting:

1. Open NotePad.exe
2. Go to File > Open
3. Copy and paste the following command exactly, then press OPEN

%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\Warframe\Launcher.log

4. Search through the log for any errors
5. Afterwards, when exiting NotePad, *do not save any changes*

In my situation, the log *clearly* stated that my antivirus was blocking HTTP/S requests. After disabling my antivirus' "web access protection" portion for the duration of the update, the problem didn't resurface when re-enabled afterwards with successive minor patches.

I found my issue reported towards the end of the log. Thus, I suggest starting from the bottom and reading backwards.

Hopefully this helps!

Other than that i'm sorry i cant help you anymore, I have limited knowledge on this :)

Edited by Sinwars

On 1/9/2016 at 6:11 PM, Sinwars said:

This isnt another solution but may help to rule one out. i was messing with settings and that the other week and when i told Warframe to run as admin, it would load launcher then give same message. only other thing i could suggest would be if your running it thru steam try setting steam not to run as admin and see if that helps. Also double check your firewall or antivirus hasnt decided to start blocking it

Found this post by a player called Machete Santa on the Steam Warframe forums, you could see if this helps you any 

This is what worked for me, and SHOULD be the first thing anyone does: LOOK AT THE LAUNCHER'S LOG FILE!

This can literally save you hours of troubleshooting:

1. Open NotePad.exe
2. Go to File > Open
3. Copy and paste the following command exactly, then press OPEN

%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\Warframe\Launcher.log

4. Search through the log for any errors
5. Afterwards, when exiting NotePad, *do not save any changes*

In my situation, the log *clearly* stated that my antivirus was blocking HTTP/S requests. After disabling my antivirus' "web access protection" portion for the duration of the update, the problem didn't resurface when re-enabled afterwards with successive minor patches.

I found my issue reported towards the end of the log. Thus, I suggest starting from the bottom and reading backwards.

Hopefully this helps!

Other than that i'm sorry i cant help you anymore, I have limited knowledge on this :)

Thanks for spending your time answering this. I'll try it.