Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with new PC

DadidJones

On 1-9-2016 at 0:14 PM, DadidJones said:

Is this a viable build? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/imi456/saved/#view=NrnTWZ I mean this is the first time i build a pc and I don't know if everything are compatible or not.

I don't know about the part compatibility, but some of the parts look a little outdated. Especially the RAM and processor. Maybe you should also check how much it would cost you extra if you'd use DDR4 RAM (16G is still plenty) and an i5 6000 series equivalent of the processor.(as well as a motherboard which supports these) That would also give you the opportunity to upgrade individual parts in the future. Also, the SSD you selected has a SATA interface, and while the SSD will be quite fast, other interfaces are much faster even.

Also, it may be worth asking a friend or family member who's into this kind of stuff. (building your own pc is quite popular nowadays, so you'll likely know someone who could help you out a bit)

2 hours ago, DadidJones said:

This looks much more up to date, but you should still ask someone about part compatibility and help for putting it together (and for things like extra fans and thermal paste for the CPU, I don't really know much about those things). Most of the parts simply plug into the motherboard, but some things like the processor and power supply may require extra attention.