Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update The Hostage Ai So That They Would Run Away From Enemies

Communist101

So, today I did a hostage mission on Jupiter to reach Europa. Upon freeing the hostage, I was warmly greeted by the Stalker.

The stalker and I had been duking it out for about five minutes, and I was able to defeat him. He then dropped the Hate blueprint, to which I was extremely gratified. However, upon nabbing the blueprint, I was greeted with a Mission Failure notice, which does not really surprise me, since throughout the fight the mentally deficient hostage was standing next to me. I didn't bother with the Infested because the Stalker is much more of a threat. Even when the Infested chased after him, the lazy F*** just stood there.

Enabling him to run away from enemies would be a great idea, to be honest. I would run away if I see a three feet tall ugly mother ancient standing right in front of me.

Or at the very least, let him step aside when we are engaging the enemy.

Edited by Communist101

Just give us the ability to issue commands to the hostage, like "stay here *waypoints spot*" while I go deal with the massive horde of incoming enemies, "follow" when you want to sprint past an area with the hostage and keep the idiot from getting stuck in cover etc. Probably easier to implement and more effective than attempting to upgrade their AI. Also, when I walk into a hostage, I'd like them to move aside like a normal person instead of standing there blocking my way like a brick wall -_-

Just give us the ability to issue commands to the hostage, like "stay here *waypoints spot*" while I go deal with the massive horde of incoming enemies, "follow" when you want to sprint past an area with the hostage and keep the idiot from getting stuck in cover etc. Probably easier to implement and more effective than attempting to upgrade their AI. Also, when I walk into a hostage, I'd like them to move aside like a normal person instead of standing there blocking my way like a brick wall -_-

I would prefer if we just digitized them like the captured corpus crewman in capture missions.