Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artifact Consideration

Llyssa

I'm not sure about anyone else's take on it, but personally, I've rather liked that artifacts are a "permanent upgrade" you can utilize. It's something that you actually earned, something that's meaningful even when you've got a brand new r0 frame that can't equip anything.

It encourages communication with team mates, offers a planning element for even PUG groups, and even if you've got nothing but freshly bought/formatted weapons, it's there to help you along because you've actually done the work to earn it. It's there to help you contribute to the team, even when you're completely certain your new gun will earn you a whopping 1% of the damage because you don't know how to use it yet and it's totally buff-free.

As is, it's a nice perk for actually playing the game, and it gives you opportunities to screw around with trying to find new combos of things--you can experiment with stuff because you know you've at least got the artifacts to help.

The idea of having them slapped into frames, and, worse yet, become slot eaters, is, frankly, horrifying. It's already a challenge to get everything you want into what slots you have available, and having it side-track/slow-down this effort is scary enough, not to mention the concept that using a forma goes from "unappealing" to "downright implausible".

The fact they don't actually interfere with anything else you're doing is an amazing value, far more than "slightly stronger effect" could be.

I suppose it's entirely possible that there could be a "better" way to do it, but the system as-is is actually really good, and it's one of those "if it's not broke" things.

Pretty much everything mentioned in the live stream about it sounded like an unnecessary nerf. It really doesn't seem even remotely OP, it gets good mileage, and the coordination is a great team discussion, as well as a focal point for clan activities("person X needs artifact Y, let's help them get it!")

So, what are you guys hoping to "improve" on it versus the current system?

I suppose it's entirely possible that there could be a "better" way to do it, but the system as-is is actually really good, and it's one of those "if it's not broke" things.

This is my sentiment right here... if its not broke. DONT FIX IT! I mean really, if DE was paying attention I, you and hundreds [thousands?] of other players come to the forum, post bugs, post things they dont like, post things that could be cool if they added etc. And what do they decide to do? I guess they all got together and was like "So guys, what isn't a mod yet in the game? We should definitely turn everything in the game into a mod."

No... you dont have to, we didnt ask you to, don't even know why you'd want to. Its alright the way it is already, REALLY. The only thing you might want to do is rebalance certain artifacts so theyre more useful and can compete with energy siphon. Or introduce some more new ones. [and hopefully not nerf them coming straight out the door]

Give us more variety, more customization, more tools to use. Dont take existing ones and just turn them into mods for no reason. Id really like to see the thoughts behind their actions about why getting rid of the artifact system is absolutely necessary. I know the community didnt ask for it.

Edited by unmog