Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Stealth Patch (Want Feedback!)

Dispute

We all know there is the giant stealth thread that hasn't really been adhered to by the Devs. In all honesty, stealth gameplay isn't even fun. Sure, it's rewarding and yes our silent weapons were catered to, but what about adding some stealth mods?

Silencer: This mod will reduce gun noise, in doing so, you can use any weapon you want to a degree. 

Level 1: 20% Gun Noise Reduction
Level 2: 40% Gun Noise Reduction 
Level 3: 60% Gun Noise Reduction
Level 4 (does it even go that high?): 80% Gun Noise Reduction

There will be no 100% reduction to keep silent weapons feasible for 100% stealth. Silent weapons will not be effected by this mod.

And to the WarFrame's Stealth Mod:

Stealth: This mod reduces chances to be detected.

Level 1: 15% Enemy Detection Reduction
Level 2: 30% Enemy Detection Reduction
Level 3: 45% Enemy Detection Reduction
Level 4: 60% Enemy Detection Reduction

It should only go to 60%, and while crouched there will be an added bonus of 1.5x Enemy Detection Reduction. This would leave us, while crouched, at 90% Enemy Detection Reduction with the level 4 Stealth Mod.

Furthering through the stealth tweaks; we should be able to relocate bodies, and enemy located dead bodies will put enemies on 'High Alert' status. This would leave space for improving the AI functions to walk around searching for you, giving stealth players a feeling of hiding as well as bringing the edge and joy to what makes stealth.. well.. stealth.

And how would you guys feel about being able to grab enemies as a meat shield, or to silently remove a grineer from the rest of his pod just to snap his neck like a true space ninja? Even in the midst of a 30 to 4 firefight, being able to grab an enemy would be a phenomenal joy!

I also believe Shade (Our favorite and most hated 'stealth' bot) could go for a minor revamp in a new stealth patch, such as CLOAKING ITSELF! and maybe just staying invisible all the time. 

Continuing forward, I would love to see 'stealthed' enemies that turn invisible and travel in groups of 1 to 5. The idea for this creature (possibly infected addition?) came from the hit game 'Borderlands 2', if you've played it.. you know what a joy they were to hunt down rage on with your rocket powered fully auto SMG.

These were just a few ideas I have had; I am aware that some, if not most, would take a large amount of time to complete.

Consider this my attempt to fix the stealth system and bring the enemies to life!

Please leave feedback and get an admins attention!

If they made the stealth aspect of the game like MGS, they'd be going in the right direction :p I want to be able to crawl on ceilings like a ninja, and hide in the shadows, and if there was a cardboard box implemented in the game that would be friggen hilarious. :)

Lol, I'm just waiting for that guy to come in and be all mad saying it's called suppressor. XD

Hahaha I hadn't thought about the tomato 'toe maw toe' argument there, but suppressor would work just as well xD