Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gametype Idea - Manhunt

Kappatalist

A few friends and I were talking about what we would add to Warframe to make it better, and we all thought this sounded like a good idea: a mission type where a rogue Tenno who has betrayed the Lotus is aboard the vessel, and you (and your team, if you have one with you) has to find and kill him/her.

Like a Stalker encounter, there will be predominantly Corpus, Grineer, or the Infestation in the level, much like normal, and they too will be against this rogue Tenno -- although they stand no chance.  Parts of the code used for the Stalker's combat AI could probably be reused here for when the rogue in engaged in combat, making it just a smidge easier to implement.

Unlike a Stalker encounter, though, this rogue doesn't just warp in; he/she is roaming the level freely, killing things just like you are, and you have to find it.  It would be running a random Warframe (random color palette too, maybe?) and random weapons -- now REALLY, how hard would more RNG be to implement -- and would have access to all of the abilities its Frame would normally possess.

I'm not sure how difficulty would balance out/scale for this between soloing to a 4-player team (my idea: within level range of the area if soloing, up to twice the level range of the area with 4 players), but it's a thought.  As we called it: Assassination missions done right.

no more pvp

Do you mean: "No, more pvp" or just "no more pvp", because a comma could really change that sentence. If it's how you typed it, then you should know this had no mention of PvP in it. If not, deal with it. We need more game modes and really alot of people can't even do PvP because they don't have the Dueling room in their Dojo. Plus this is a PvE game mostly, so I'd prefer that be expanded.

Do you mean: "No, more pvp" or just "no more pvp", because a comma could really change that sentence. If it's how you typed it, then you should know this had no mention of PvP in it. If not, deal with it. We need more game modes and really alot of people can't even do PvP because they don't have the Dueling room in their Dojo. Plus this is a PvE game mostly, so I'd prefer that be expanded.

Assuming he meant "No, more pvp":

This game's PvE has plenty of potential it's yet to tap into; I'd rather see that fleshed out more.  Trust me, I have my ideas for PvP, and they are glorious I say.  GLORIOUS!

Assuming he meant "No more pvp":

The rogue Tenno would be AI controlled.  It's a co-op hunt to down him.

Not bad, but they would have to do something about AI jumping and wallrunning, stalker can't even hop on to a crate.

Really?  I'll have to test that next time I face him.  Yeah, though, this is assuming that they can get the AI to convincingly and skillfully pilot a Tenno-like entity; I have no doubts DE can manage it, although it'll definitely be harder than programming, say, the derps that are the Grineer.  Hell, they still need to fix the circle-strafing problem with the Stalker fight.  My theory, though, is that the Stalker is simply an AI testbed for something just like this; to get the AI to be able to control a Tenno character with some level of competency.

Assuming he meant "No, more pvp":

This game's PvE has plenty of potential it's yet to tap into; I'd rather see that fleshed out more.  Trust me, I have my ideas for PvP, and they are glorious I say.  GLORIOUS!

Assuming he meant "No more pvp":

The rogue Tenno would be AI controlled.  It's a co-op hunt to down him.

Any particular reason you quoted my post instead of his?Just curious.

Edited by Haldark

Like an assassination but the boss is roaming around?

mmh... not so original sorry...

Originality doesn't have to be included in order for something to be good. Also, show me the thread suggesting this before this, if this isn't an original thread, I'm curious to see the reactions to the other thread(s).

Oh, and tell me you're not sick of just going to location X where you know boss Y is always going to be just sitting there waiting for you. Sure for Jackal it makes sense, but for 90% of the other bosses it makes almost 0 sense to have them just sit an area waiting for you to arrive where-in they can then make a mocking pose at you.

Edited by Haldark

Originality doesn't have to be included in order for something to be good. Also, show me the thread suggesting this before this, if this isn't an original thread, I'm curious to see the reactions to the other thread(s).

Oh, and tell me you're not sick of just going to location X where you know boss Y is always going to be just sitting there waiting for you. Sure for Jackal it makes sense, but for 90% of the other bosses it makes almost 0 sense to have them just sit an area waiting for you to arrive where-in they can then make a mocking pose at you.

Why do you have to write in Italics?

Beside that, Originality brings more interest to the table... tbh this is just another assassination but my "!" will suddently change direction from time to time, nothing more nothing less... i didnt say it's bad or good, it's just "not original" my joy to do this game mode would not be higher or lower than farming any other boss... that's it.

About the 2nd question honestly... i'm sick but not because of it (paths & maps are randomized), because i already achieved everything i could.

This.

Additionally, imagine how much more of a dynamic it would add to a battle if, say, you were up against an Ash, and he used Smokescreen to evade your team and slip away.  Imagine how hard LOKI could screw with you.  And what if, instead of you finding the target, the target got the jump on YOU?  Instead of just another bullet-sponge that just stands there and takes bullets to its face/weak point/everything, you'd have to out-ninja another ninja.

tbh this is just another assassination but my "!" will suddently change direction from time to time, nothing more nothing less... 

Speaking of waypoints, I say to hell with them here.  It'd be more tense, more exciting, if you didn't know where your enemy was until he's in your sight.  In fact, audio could become an interesting mechanic here: follow the sounds of the dying Grineer...

my joy to do this game mode would not be higher or lower than farming any other boss... that's it.

Methinks this mission type would make for a good high-level Alert, then.

___

I'm no professional in game design, but assuming that the AI for this could be made, I think this could be well-executed by the guys at DE.

Why do you have to write in Italics?

Evening lads and lasses. I'll be your annoying italics user for the duration of my time here. 

Because I can.

As for the rest of your post. Just refer to Kappatalist's post above this one.

Edited by Haldark

I see, but assumptions are not the reality... sadly

Dont fraintend me, it's good that ppl come up with ideas and i dont wanna offend you at all, i've just given my opinion.

Sadly the current AI is so static (even stalker's one) that this game mode wont be as awesome as you describe it (and this is not your fault, is game's fault).

My comment was based on the AI we have got, not onto one we might/wish to have...

it wanted to be a constructive critic, make it more interesting man, i'm trying to encourage you to do it better not to let you down!

I see, but assumptions are not the reality... sadly

Dont fraintend me, it's good that ppl come up with ideas and i dont wanna offend you at all, i've just given my opinion.

Sadly the current AI is so static (even stalker's one) that this game mode wont be as awesome as you describe it (and this is not your fault, is game's fault).

My comment was based on the AI we have got, not onto one we might/wish to have...

it wanted to be a constructive critic, make it more interesting man, i'm trying to encourage you to do it better not to let you down!

Improvements to AI I imagine will continue to happen as the game goes on. And if this was added it'd force better AI on these missions especially, no?

For sure... but first AI improvements after missions that requires an improved AI

not the opposite, lol

edit: i have to admit this idea gave me an idea for another... idea LOL... i'll make a post so i'll be under ur judgement :D

Edited by Phoenix86

For sure... but first AI improvements after missions that requires an improved AI

not the opposite, lol

True enough. But then again in order to actually make this wouldn't they need to code the better AI prior to implementing this?

When I said 

And if this was added it'd force better AI on these missions especially, no?

I was more or less thinking if they started to work on such a game-mode or altered a current boss mission in such a way they'd need to code better AI.

Sorry if my post doesn't make much sense. Abit tired.

Edited by Haldark

This is a brilliant idea!  it would definitely need to be a special mission or an alert at most.  maybe it could tie in with stalker and the whole 'sentients' thing.  i'm digging how they've got this Jedi/Sith thing going on in the game's lore.