Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Becoming a Guide of the Lotus

LogicBreaker

Question

How would someone go about becoming a Guide of the Lotus? I don't see too many Guides in the chat tabs or even in the relays and lately anytime I ask for help, which isn't very often as mot things can be solo'd, I either get ignored or I'm met with other more rude comments. I know a lot of other people probably have this issue and I know it's extremely irritating to ask for help and to be ignored by players that can easily do so or are too busy worrying about spamming recruit tab for exp/relic/resource farming etc etc. I'm on daily, at random times, but usually for HOURS on end and I'm also going through the game a bit slowly to find things here and there and to generally learn what I can. I'd like to be a GotL so that there's at least one person on daily that's actually WILLING to help people.

9 answers to this question

How would someone go about becoming a Guide of the Lotus? I don't see too many Guides in the chat tabs or even in the relays and lately anytime I ask for help, which isn't very often as mot things can be solo'd, I either get ignored or I'm met with other more rude comments. I know a lot of other people probably have this issue and I know it's extremely irritating to ask for help and to be ignored by players that can easily do so or are too busy worrying about spamming recruit tab for exp/relic/resource farming etc etc. I'm on daily, at random times, but usually for HOURS on end and I'm also going through the game a bit slowly to find things here and there and to generally learn what I can. I'd like to be a GotL so that there's at least one person on daily that's actually WILLING to help people.

11 minutes ago, LogicBreaker said:

6 minutes ago, The.Red.King said:

uh... are you 2 separate people? or is someone on your account and you later post the exact same thing the OP said?

2 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

uh... are you 2 separate people? or is someone on your account and you later post the exact same thing the OP said?

LB was my main before hitting some major issues. I'm currently trying to help DE determine the cause of the issues, but seeing as I refuse to waste anymore time on the account after all the issues I've had and headaches from it, I made this account and told DE to simply shutdown the other after all is said and done.

4 minutes ago, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

It's through an application process that is currently closed right now. But here is a link for more information:

This link was what I was looking for, but sadly the recruiting is closed. I didn't notice any mention of it opening again. Could I possibly ask a DE person and see if they'll ever reopen the recruiting process?

Guides get recruited every 6 months or so. Last one was last month. There's usually a fairly big announcement about it. At the minimum, you need 500 hours in the game (not on steam). However, if you really want to help people, there's no reason you can't do that now, without being a GotL :)

2 minutes ago, Phasedragon said:

Guides get recruited every 6 months or so. Last one was last month. There's usually a fairly big announcement about it. At the minimum, you need 500 hours in the game (not on steam). However, if you really want to help people, there's no reason you can't do that now, without being a GotL :)

Oh I know that. I've helped a few people already with whatever I could. But I figured I might as well try to be a GotL. I mean the game tells new players to seek out a guide in game for help and knowledge and I've honestly maybe seen 1-2 guides with the time I spent on the old account and this one combined. Figured maybe DE would want a player that basically no life's the game and is wanting to help people. ^^

Personally, it's not worth it. Why help somebody because you have a "sjwotl" badge when you can clearly help a brother or sister without such a rancid symbol? Grantee the games has trolls but what game doesn't these days, usually if you want something down you need "friends"/servants (what ever you call em) or you gotta do things solo...

I can tell you now, alot of soloing was done like a teen's parents were gone from home on the weekend.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:22 PM, TESTAMENTEXE said:

Personally, it's not worth it. Why help somebody because you have a "sjwotl" badge when you can clearly help a brother or sister without such a rancid symbol? Grantee the games has trolls but what game doesn't these days, usually if you want something down you need "friends"/servants (what ever you call em) or you gotta do things solo...

I can tell you now, alot of soloing was done like a teen's parents were gone from home on the weekend.

And it's not about a badge/symbol. It's really about having a guide on when people need one. As I said the game tells people to seek out a guide, yet one is rarely on. So when people, and I've done this myself, can't find one they ask the public and what they're usually met with is people that could EASILY help but instead choose to say "Wiki" or ask somewhere else or call them $&*&*#(%& or say even worse things which seem to go ignored by so called moderators. So it's about having a Guide on that'll be on everyday for those that need help and it's about putting a damper on new players having to deal with the other, not so nice, people.