Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Headache

Ojimaru

Question

So I got it in my head to start decorating my Dojo. However the more I try, the more infuriating I find the Dojo Decoration UX.

Would greatly appreciate tips from dojo designers, especially when it comes to lining up individual decoration pieces.

1 answer to this question

Use the snap function.  Tap or hold SHIFT while placing an object.  This overlays a sort of invisible 'grid' over the terrain, and snaps objects between the vertexes of it.  You can use the snap function to place things, and then fine-tune their placement using freeform placement.

Use yourself as a reference point.  Place yourself where you want the object to point to by default, because your movements affect the orientation of the object, and can often 'fine tune' the direction.

Stand on high ground.  Attach a banner to a pillar or wall so that it projects horizontally.  Once it's built, you can stand on it and use it as high ground to place stuff.

Remember you can access the decorations menu in your dojo via ESC, as well as with the consoles at the entrance to each room.