Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno we have performance issues ahead, its the Infested.

._Vendetta_.

Question

Hello guys!!, conas ata tu?

I just wanna know, using direct X 10/9 instead of 11 (in launcher) can grant me some fps increase? and what would be the visual cost of that? I've tested and barely noticed a change, but problem its that I play on notebook so my performance its very unstable due to nootebook heat issues, sometimes I get constant 50fps even on crowded maps but sometimes I get 30 or even lower on infested survival with poison clouds, this makes hard to make reliable tests on what really its or isn't helping.

So, anyone has any magic trick like editing some .bat/.txt somewhere to get some fps increase by removing barely noticiable stuff? I'm asking because most games have at least one trick of editing something in notepad but I'm not a computer wiz, so yeah... if someone knows something on those lines I have a dagger and a goat ready just lend me your advice and I'll follow.

Also would like to know if anyone can tell me if standalone launcher has better perfomance than steam's one?

And finally, anyone had success with any third party app like razer cortex or game booster, g force experience or whatever on improving warframe performance without sacrificing any screen and/or texture resolution?

Ty o/

Edited by ._Vendetta_.

2 answers to this question

don't know about software solutions but if you're having heat issues (assuming you haven't done it yet) do try to clean your vent(s), manually if possible and you can remember how to put everything back or with a gas duster (aka can of compressed air), or in dire cases you could do it like i do and remove eventual superficial panels/keyboard blow the dust to high heavens with an air compressor, not sure how that's exactly recommended but i haven't broke anything (yet) so take this with a grain of salt.

I was having the same problem in heavy infested maps. I turned off the anti-aliasing, and got some better results.  I found the graphics loss to be minimal, an Akkad run didn't have frame rate loss nearly as bad.  I use the game booster and if you're on a lower end machine it can make a noticeable difference.  One other thing you might consider is an app called "Park Control".  It lets you turn off "core parking".  It can give you a speed increase, but it does make your machine run a bit hotter.

The advice on cleaning out your computer is very good.  CPU's and GPU's often have built in thermal protection and will slow things down to protect themselves.