Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I made my first ever pixel drawing..

EternalOdyessy

I'm a S#&$ty pixel artist, but I'd still consider myself an okay one at best. Using pure colors is usually the most offensive to the eyes. Don't be afraid to really experiment with your shading.

Definitely decent for your first attempt, my only gripe is shading and inconsistency in your lines. Maybe I'm wrong in doing so but I put a lot of math and precision into where I place any line or dot or shading or color.

Edited by JSharpie

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I'm a S#&$ty pixel artist, but I'd still consider myself an okay one at best. Using pure colors is usually the most offensive to the eyes. Don't be afraid to really experiment with your shading.

Definitely decent for your first attempt, my only gripe is shading and inconsistency in your lines. Maybe I'm wrong in doing so but I put a lot of math and precision into where I place any line or dot or shading or color.

It was a bad idea for me to try to do my first on a 62x62. I realized I ran into corners quite a bit.

3 hours ago, EternalOdyessy said:

It was a bad idea for me to try to do my first on a 62x62. I realized I ran into corners quite a bit.

I started doing 32x32 for a game prototype and moved up to 64x64 by the end of the product.