The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenade Sidearm

TheAscendedOne

I propose the addition of grenades as a sidearm. These low ammunition, high performance explosives would decimate areas when thrown.

In general, grenades would have a single clip of 2-5 grenades, depending on the type of grenade, with Pistol boxes granting 1 grenade each. 

Types could include (but certainly aren't limited to):

Metsubushi ("Black Egg")

A hollowed out egg containing fine-ground glass and other painful dust-like materials. Does severe damage to and blinds a single target. Against non-bosses, the blind is permanent. Fast and accurate.

Fragmentation Grenade

Deals high damage over a wide area. 

Sticky Grenade

Sticks to the first surface it strikes, then explodes after a delay.

Stun Grenade

Stuns enemies in a large area and deals minor damage to them.

Edited by Lance_Eliot

I think grenades would have to be sort of weak - like in Killing Floor - otherwise people would just spam 3 in an area filled with enemies and win the bloody game. That doesn't happen in Killing Floor, you can only have a X number of grenades per round, buy some more at the Trader after the round ends - yet, they're expensive - and they're not truly effective against horders, think of them as finishers, but many players spam a few, since they explode all together, if thrown on an area where they make contact after explosion, and do slightly more damage.

I was thinking they should be put in as consumables, but there isn't a hot key for consumables so it wouldn't have a means to be thrown. Also I think  faction specific or just elemental would be better:

Fire against Infested

EMP against Corpus

High Explosive

Cryo

and of course the basic Frag.

Or, how about just put in a grenade launcher pistol with severe drop so that you have to arc the shot? 1 shot at a time like the bows, with a very slow fire rate and medium range.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r