The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riot Shield And Mini Gun Skin

WARLORD.

hey guys my idea is to incorporate riot shields into warframe I believe it will make players think more strategically and will be a lot of fun it will have to sacrifice ether your melee or primary weapon to make it fare. in return you should be able use shield bash and maybe a charge attack that will make you run for short distance stunning or knocking over enemies and when your not using the riot shield he simply throws it on he's back and it will protect him from being shot in the back

and a mini gun skin for the gorgan not much to say about that one I mean who doesn't like the look and the sound of a mini gun firing over 1000 rounds a minute .

something along though lines but the shield will need to have a more of a tanno look to it

Appreciate the idea, but I disagree.

We can already use Grineer weapons, if we use a ballistic shield, it should be theirs and not some made up Tenno one.

Ninjas don't use shields.

Appreciate the idea, but I disagree.

We can already use Grineer weapons, if we use a ballistic shield, it should be theirs and not some made up Tenno one.

Ninjas don't use shields.

But ninjas apparently use rocket launchers, grenade launchers, laser guns, and flamethrowers. 

But ninjas apparently use rocket launchers, grenade launchers, laser guns, and flamethrowers. 

They used gunpowder in many applications, including explosives and guns back in feudal Japan. Applying that to "space" means modern space weaponry, like your lasers and rocket launchers. 

"ninjas don't use X" is quickly becoming my least favorite excuse for why a weapon shouldn't be in warframe

I can understand the sentiment. I'm operating under the impression that the Japanese themes in the game are quite intentional and govern as much of the Tenno and Lotus as possible. If that isn't the design intention, we should get some clarification from the developers.

If the Tenno were instead portrayed as simply super space warriors and not ninja-influenced, I would be arguing for personal retractable shields and all sorts of melee weapons, like flails for instance. I'm quite partial to those...

I respect your opinion. I'll humbly keep mine on the side of ninjas in space until I hear otherwise. :-)

Edited by Reichmar

You know, considering the ninja-like weapons... referring to bows, kunai, swords, and maybe the glaive... that's about all I can see that actually fit the bill.

Giant hammers, heavy machine guns... boomerangs... very much different.

I've been told that Warframe is a very teamwork-oriented game, and adding a shield would be perfectly fine IMO. You'd be tanking the enemy fire while you're team is picking them off; stuff like that.

Also, I feel that if the Shield Lancer can use our Sicarus, we can use his shield (or a more pretty one... maybe make skins to go along with it or somethin').