The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Starting Number Of Warframe Slots.

Edrep

Pay barriers to content in a f2p game can rub players the wrong way.  And inventory slots are on the fence in my opinion.  Technically you can just keep selling your stuff but this means lost progress if one wants to ever use those things again.  I spent my plat on slots and I'm still hardpressed to hold onto everything I like.  Paying to be able to keep content I've already earned feels backwards.

Pay barriers to content in a f2p game can rub players the wrong way.  And inventory slots are on the fence in my opinion.  Technically you can just keep selling your stuff but this means lost progress if one wants to ever use those things again.  I spent my plat on slots and I'm still hardpressed to hold onto everything I like.  Paying to be able to keep content I've already earned feels backwards.

This is exactly right.  Having to pay to keep content you've already earned is very backwards.  Players shouldn't feel like they have to give something up to get their shiny new toy.  It takes away some of the excitement, ESPECIALLY if you end up not liking it.  Then it just feels crappy.

Making a player reset all of their hard earned progress (even if it took only 2 days) because they made a mistake early on is extremely poor design.

And this is the flip side of the coin your unwillingness to donate. Your either pay and earn a right to make some progress mistakes OR you're reading a bunch of "spenting starting free 50 plat" guides to be sure to not regret about all your two-day-long-hard-earned-progress.

Refusing to spent five bucks for the 75 plat that means 3 additional slots is extremely pathetic.

At least you can farm some plat in the void. Seriously, go there and get some plat before complaining.

EDIT: my ending opinion. This situation with the free platinum is more than sufficient for the most of the players. So there is no actual reasons to make slots available for free.

Edited by MECT0HET

An easier sollution would be when you first go into the market and such to have them explain that platinum is something you get with real money and that after you spend the 50 you get you won't get anymore. And they should make mention that most things can be earned in game while slots cannot.

Being a veteran of various MMO style games I was aware of the nature of platinum and looked into what could and couldn't be bought with platinum and ended up buying 1 extra slot and 4 extra weapon slots.

However another guy I know without thinking about it, spent all his platinum in one day on revives.

Paying 20 dollars to get lowest founder is not so bad idea.

Support the game if u like it and pay to get into more, others will have to play with what they have. And starter 50 plat is enough to play the game. u can basically buy one more frame slot and 4 weapon slot or 8 weapon slots. 3 frames and 12 weapons are more then enough to enjoy this game for free.

If u really want to get more slots pay 5 dollars to get plat... its not like this game is donation, this is business!

And this is the flip side of the coin your unwillingness to donate. Your either pay and earn a right to make some progress mistakes of you reading a bunch of "spenting starting free 50 plat" guides to be sure to not regret about all your two-day-long-hard-earned-progress.

Refusing to spent five bucks for the 75 plat that means 3 additional slots is extremely pathetic.

At least you can farm some plat in the void. Seriously, go there and get some plat before complaining.

EDIT: my ending opinion. This situation with the free platinum is more than sufficient for the most of the players. So there is no actual reasons to make slots available for free.

Why would someone want to donate to a game that has a pay barrier to "the right" to progress after two days?  Someone should "donate" because they like the content not because they need to in order to move forward.  How can you be sure of the opinion of most of the player base.  You're giving your dismissal with a thick air of authority.

Also what do you mean farm plat?  I am certain that platinum cannot be acquired in game.

I'm not against slots costing plat but I agree that there should be a few more slots that aren't paid for.  Some people want to make sure there's enough with a game to stick with it before dropping money on it.  At least I do.  I'll play f2p for months and then invest in them.  2 slots is not months. Potential customers might be scared away, while those who want a full collection will spend their plat.

Remember that you also get 50  free Pt - that's more than enough for 2 more slots. Personally I'm against any repetitive way to get slots like blueprints or credits purchase however slots as mastery rank rewards seems quite fair.

Maybe they should give only 30 plat and let players start with 3 slots.

Why would someone want to donate to a game that has a pay barrier to "the right" to progress after two days?  Someone should "donate" because they like the content not because they need to in order to move forward.  How can you be sure of the opinion of most of the player base.  You're giving your dismissal with a thick air of authority.

Also what do you mean farm plat?  I am certain that platinum cannot be acquired in game.

I'm not against slots costing plat but I agree that there should be a few more slots that aren't paid for.  Some people want to make sure there's enough with a game to stick with it before dropping money on it.  At least I do.  I'll play f2p for months and then invest in them.  2 slots is not months. Potential customers might be scared away, while those who want a full collection will spend their plat.

You're so funny. In fact you've got one initial slot and one extra slot. 

And how all these "lack of slots" troubles are preventing you to progress? You've got second slot and I'm assure you that another warframe building will take about 4.5 days. So we've already got almost a week of gameplaying. Pay barrier? Never heard about it.  And adding there the time you've need to leveling your initial warfame that is about 4 days you've already got about 10 days of no-worries playing. Adding there leveling your new warframe and got 2 full weeks.

2 full weeks it pretty enough trial run to understand will you like the game or not I presume. 

I'm rounding some corners (in example, I'm believeing in your goddes luck to pickup entire rhino set from the jackal boss in the first day) but in fact you've got even more time without any barriers. 

Yes, then you'll wish to build your third warframe, you should either sell one of yours or spent plat to increase slot counter.

So. You're either spent plat to keep your content or you're forcing to sell your already maxed-out items to make some room. I think it's pretty fair deal.

Edited by MECT0HET

Mastery Ranks currently have very little purpose if you aren't in a clan with full research, adding a free slot on each mastery rank (weapon weapon frame weapon weapon frame or something like that) would give you a good reason to progress in mastery ranks other than to be able to craft weapons that you likely will never see enough mats for ever unless you decide to join some big omega clan- which is NOT something that should EVER be encouraged, as most people in those clans are 100% leeches and don't ever contribute anything, and if you're lucky you'll have 10% that are actually skilled enough to do anything endgame.

Sooo yeah I'd like slots-for-mastery being implemented. Gives more purpose to the thing. Also means the F2Per can actually get slots, allowing them to use their 50 starting plat on whatever and not be boned.

Oh and the guy who said it actually costs DE money... You know what needs to be saved per frame? Which frame, Pointers to mods that are listed in your inventory, # of times Forma'd, Current Rank, Rank EXP, potato status, Polarity of the 10 slots, 5 (or is it 6?) color pallet selections (pallet selections, not even hex codes), and which helmet is attached.

That's not even hitting one kilobyte unless it's implemented via a pants-on-head-$&*&*#(%& method. And by "implemented via a pants-on-head-$&*&*#(%& method", I mean "padded with a ton of junk data because there's literally not enough information you could possibly save to eat up one full KB per frame even if you stored everything as strings and long-longs".

Actually, it might be padded a bit just to make it more unlikely that the server will have to spend a day re-aligning everyone's frame data. Unless they implement an intelligent "upgrade" system that only upgrades a frame's savedata when the frame is actually loaded (deleting the "old" frame and creating a "new" frame with the old frame as a foundation). Which is actually more likely, more elegant, and not pants-on-head... but would eventually bog down the server with legacy code... Hmmm... Great I just nerdsniped myself lol

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I'll play f2p for months and then invest in them.  2 slots is not months. Potential customers might be scared away, while those who want a full collection will spend their plat.

What do you consider the 2 slots to be for a person that knows nothing about the game and plays blind when level the first Warframe?

I would consider this around a month which i think it's enough to be able to make a choice if you are going to stick around or not. Remember that there are also weapon slots so time added also when leveling weapons.

Mechohet how long have you been playing the game?  Because you've clearly never been to the void.

Well I've maxed out my slots and I'm running into the problem I would expect someone else to have even if I reach it at a different time.  I potatoed my frames I don't want to sell them.  I know I like the game and would stick with it.  But what I'm not sure is how long I'll stick with the game.  People getting weary from warframe is a serious problem and I have to be sure that I didn't happen to had already pick all the fun equipment before I pay for the privilege of a larger inventory in a game about maxing a lot of items and switching them around.

The problem isn't if someone figures out if they like the game in a month.  I know I like the game but I don't know if I want to spend the money.  Because a lot of warframe isn't there yet and I don't know what to expect for future content.  Forcing a crossroads with slots before a player can see how the beta is growing might discourage them.  Or it might not.  I just think there's better less obstructive ways to make things that are exclusively plat.

I bet anyone who thinks adding more slots for free users isn't a free user. Two slots for 15+ frames, and I forgot how many weapon slots you start out with. This limits a user to a certain Mastery Rank, which is currently the only thing you can work towards in the game. Don't try and use "You can just sell a frame or a weapon" because I use all 6 of the frames I currently have depending on what mission I'm about to go into.

I bet anyone who thinks adding more slots for free users isn't a free user. Two slots for 15+ frames, and I forgot how many weapon slots you start out with. This limits a user to a certain Mastery Rank, which is currently the only thing you can work towards in the game. Don't try and use "You can just sell a frame or a weapon" because I use all 6 of the frames I currently have depending on what mission I'm about to go into.

You're not a free user either, lol.

The reason they have only two slots is to try to encourage the free players to purchase small amounts of platinum at the very least, it is a f2p game after all. I'm surprised they aren't pushing more.

You're not a free user either, lol.

The reason they have only two slots is to try to encourage the free players to purchase small amounts of platinum at the very least, it is a f2p game after all. I'm surprised they aren't pushing more.

This game already pushes for players to buy their cash shop currency more than any other game I've seen.  Lets look at what they have in place to get you to purchase it:

>Necessary to get more Warframe and weapons slots.

>12-72 hour wait time on building Warframes/weapons for free (can be rushed or bought outright with platinum)

>Platinum discount daily log-in rewards

>Select items that are extremely useful and extremely difficult to get outside of purchasing with platinum (potatoes, alternate helmets, etc)

That's quite a bit.  Taking away that first one wouldn't suddenly cause them to "OMG GO OUT OF BUSINESS" like some people seem to think.

But to get enough slots isn't a small purchase.  Anyone can see that $5 worth of slots still only covers a fraction of the items already in the game with more on the way.

So you get 2 slots free with starting plat, and then if you spend 5$ you get another 3? I don't see how that's a big purchase.

This game already pushes for players to buy their cash shop currency more than any other game I've seen.  Lets look at what they have in place to get you to purchase it:

>Necessary to get more Warframe and weapons slots.

>12-72 hour wait time on building Warframes/weapons for free (can be rushed or bought outright with platinum)

>Platinum discount daily log-in rewards

>Select items that are extremely useful and extremely difficult to get outside of purchasing with platinum (potatoes, alternate helmets, etc)

That's quite a bit.  Taking away that first one wouldn't suddenly cause them to "OMG GO OUT OF BUSINESS" like some people seem to think.

First you get 2 free slots free, and I don't mind the wait on building stuff, I haven't met a person who rush's anything other than maybe a warframe that they've really wanted. 

Platinum discounts from daily log-in rewards were implemented to reduce the price of platinum, not force you to buy it.

This isn't a FPS, this is a MMORPG type game, you have to work for the things you want, you don't just unlock them by killing people, lol.

So you get 2 slots free with starting plat, and then if you spend 5$ you get another 3? I don't see how that's a big purchase.

Because that's half of the frames only if they stop adding any with antimatter and no weapon slots when there are over 60 weapons in the game.

This isn't a FPS, this is a MMORPG type game, you have to work for the things you want, you don't just unlock them by killing people, lol.

But we can't work for slots.  Which is why the suggestion that mastery gives slots is floating around.

Edited by Onbashira