The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Brainstorming Name], The Shadow Warframe

(PSN)NewAgeDoom

Premise: An offensive utility caster frame based around Shadows, and Darkness in general.

Passive:

While in shade/at night, gains 10% power strength and movement speed.

First Ability: Shadow Clone

Generates a shadowy clone that can move around and fight for the frame, dealing 25% damage. Can activate this ability during the duration it's active to swap places with the shadow.

Second Ability: Erupting Shadows

Shadows coalesce around the frame, and for a duration, damage will build up as a number on the UI (Similar to Volt's passive), after a duration, the shadows erupt, dealing damage and staggering nearby enemies. The frame takes 10% less damage, building up to 50% damage reduction over the duration.

Third Ability: Shroud

For 15 seconds, surrounding enemies cannot see the frame or allied Tenno, causing them to fire wildly. During this time, allied Tenno also gain the benefit of his passive. Additionally, during this period, the frame may spawn 2 additional shadows from his first ability.

Ultimate Ability: Creeping Shadows

The frame sends forth his shadow in a line, stopping at the first enemy struck, dealing heavy damage and stunning them for 8 seconds. After 2 seconds, if any other enemies are in range, half damage will be dealt to them as well, and root them in place for 5 seconds.

As per usual, please leave feedback :D

Edited by (PS4)NewAgeDoom

I think it would be nice to see the rough/estimated stats of the frame. I'd assume it's probably got similar stats to Ash, with the theme of the kit. 

I do have notes (as I ALWAYS do when I look through concepts)

His passive doesn't seem all that useful. Sure, it'd always work on some Grineer tiles, but almost every Corpus tile is well-lit and Earth would be so incredibly inconsistent. Remember how buggy and unpredictable Eclipse is/can be? That's about how it would play out. Recommend revising. The effect itself is nice, fits the theme, but how it activates would not be reliable. 

1) Not a bad ability. Pretty interesting. Sounds like it works a lot like Loki's Decoy+Switch Teleport, except used for combat instead of stealth. I think the 25% damage sounds fair, given that it'd be way too strong if it were full damage. No other bonuses, though, which makes it sound like it won't be much more useful than Decoy would be for higher level missions.

2) The build-up concept is kind of cool. Is that time-based, or do you activate and release it on your own, like Ballistic Battery? I would also like to point out that 10% DR isn't very much. Taking 1k damage with that buff would still be 900 damage, and that's a lot of damage. If I may make a suggestion - I'd say it could start at 10% and build up to a higher amount (I dunno, like 40-50) before the explosion procs, just to give a bit of incentive to use it for more than an "oh sh-t" button to knock people down. Just my 2 cents. 

3) Gonna be honest, I don't really like it. 6 seconds isn't very much. The blind-fire mechanic it gives the enemies differentiates it a bit from the other invisibility powers, but in itself, it's very short and doesn't seem like it would provide much utility. 

4) This seems like an AoE lockdown skill. Something that roots enemies in place with shadows. I like the sound of it, and the described functions sounds good. But even with a max duration build, it's not much time at all. Base 3 seconds is just sad for an Ultimate ability. Bump that up a bit and it'd be a decently solid ability. 

7 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

His passive doesn't seem all that useful. Sure, it'd always work on some Grineer tiles, but almost every Corpus tile is well-lit and Earth would be so incredibly inconsistent. Remember how buggy and unpredictable Eclipse is/can be? That's about how it would play out. Recommend revising. The effect itself is nice, fits the theme, but how it activates would not be reliable. 

His 3rd Ability also grants him and the squad his passive.

1) Not a bad ability. Pretty interesting. Sounds like it works a lot like Loki's Decoy+Switch Teleport, except used for combat instead of stealth. I think the 25% damage sounds fair, given that it'd be way too strong if it were full damage. No other bonuses, though, which makes it sound like it won't be much more useful than Decoy would be for higher level missions.

Maybe have some interaction where the Shadow gets stronger for the duration of the third ability, so there's a bit of ability interplay?

4) This seems like an AoE lockdown skill. Something that roots enemies in place with shadows. I like the sound of it, and the described functions sounds good. But even with a max duration build, it's not much time at all. Base 3 seconds is just sad for an Ultimate ability. Bump that up a bit and it'd be a decently solid ability. 

I'll bump the duration up momentarily.

I've made the changes, and also given his third ability a bit more utility.

Edited by (PS4)NewAgeDoom

1 minute ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

His 3rd Ability also grants him and the squad his passive.

I know, I read the description :P

Still seems short for an invis or buffing ability, but Ash is in the same boat, so it isn't so bad. And a 10% buff for 6 seconds isn't exactly groundbreaking either, but again, it's not an awful ability. Just seems too short. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

Maybe have some interaction where the Shadow gets stronger for the duration of the third ability, so there's a bit of ability interplay?

Definitely sounds like a good thing. It's also cool because that might let the clone aggro while you're invis, and it might not die like Loki's wimpy little Decoy. 

I would like to clarify that I'm not telling you you NEED to change it. It's just my suggestion for how I think it could be improved. I think you know that, but I've had some people take me too literally when I offer my opinions on a concept. If ya don't like something I'm suggesting, I implore you to ignore me. 

Well, to keep coding from being too overwhelming, we could just assume that these "shadows" would be just Cosmic Specters with nekros' shadows of the dead visual effects?

1: An ability shouldn't just be "Summon a singular specter" that only deals 25% of your damage. I suggest a buff. 

Shroud should be his second ability. (Usually invis abilities and survivability things are 2.) 

Erupting Shadows? I dunno. Maybe do an AOE where you rip people's shadows out of them (Viral proc that lasts entire duration) and make the shadows fight against the enemies (CC). Might be too similar to Shadows of the Dead.