Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game keeps freezing

BriWanderful

Question

I have already submitted a ticket to support about this but I thought I'd post about it here as well in case anyone else might know of a solution.

Whenever I try playing the game it constantly freezes up on me within a few minutes. From what i can tell the reason for this is the amount of memory that the game is using, however it only happens if the game is the main program open and not while it's open in the background. I have reinstalled the game, cleared my cache, as well as run a number of diagnostic programs that have found no errors with my system. I have been playing for a bit over 3 months daily on PC and have never experienced this problem before this month. 

I had some people who said it might have been the ram at first, however I have tried playing a few other MMORPGs, along with trying some other programs and experienced no problems so it seems most likely to be something wrong with the game itself. 

I love playing and would like to get this resolved as quickly as possible so i can get back to enjoying the game so any help on figuring this out is greatly appreciated, thank you.

2 answers to this question

Has anything else changed recently on your computer? Specifically any new driver updates or software changes? I presume no hardware has changed since the game last worked normally? Does turning down graphics settings in-game make a difference?

I have no definitive solution for you, only a few vague suggestions in an attempt to help!

I presume you have verified and optimized the game cache in this order?

YjCbTKL.jpg

Just for experimental purposes, on that same settings window try turning some of those options off like 64-bit, DX10 and multithreaded rendering and see if the game behaves any differently.

On another note, try monitoring temperatures and check that no fans have failed. If the issues start after a time period then it could potentially be a thermal issue, though it's unlikely. This happened to a friend of mine once who described similar issues when his hardware was thermal throttled.

I realize these suggestions are vague but anything is worth trying!

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova