Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's the bathroom?

Kaiku

Wouldn't basic rooms like bathroom make sense?

Also places where the crew sleeps and eats.

Haven't seen much of furniture either.

Maybe this is some sci-fi world where thay just delete their junk.... mail.

But players, or at least I would like it, if there was some familiar rooms and items.

They'd give a nice look for the game so everything wouldn't be so bare and utopistic.

I don't even want to know...

It would be nice if the guard were unalerted they could drink coffe or something.

Also we need ragdoll physics and more staff to throw around (barels, boxes, or those explody tings so we can shoot the in mid air and lok badass)!

Oh yes. This would be awesome.

Being able to pick some stuff up and throw at the enemies would be fun.

Especially if that stuff explodes.

What other rooms we need?

Armory? Assembly lines? The ships are pretty big, so I guess they could include pretty much anything. But what do you need on a space ship?

Food and water at least. And engines. I don't know are some of the rooms we have now engine rooms... But there are reactors at least.

And also some monitor centers.

There are access consoles, but haven't seen big screens and such.

And maybe some 'decorations'. Since they're military ships you could have some faction logos on the walls and bulletin boards.

Oh and medbay! And hangars for fighters and other small ships. And garages for land vehicles.

Edited by Kaiku

Let's not be hasty.

We don't know what is next in the production line.

Remember that they are making more maps as they try to fix bugs.

Yea I know, but someone has to make the decision what kind of maps to make and get the ideas from somewhere. Could as well be from here.

With the exception of Cronus. They are just robots and synthetic organs, no need for bathrooms

Corpus.

Anyway, I don't really like it when someone says "it's sci-fi" and uses it as an excuse for everything.

If a game is set in the future it doesn't have to automatically mean that every problem has been solved with science.

It leaves the game world really hollow.

Edited by Kaiku

Well the current environment is for the Corpus. Do they even use bathrooms?

Grineer maps are coming in the next update, perhaps they'll have bathrooms etc. complete with pinups of ugly grineer women.

Who says they're all ugly? Maybe the women are super sexy models? Or maybe...maybe we've been fighting the women all along?!

The current Corpus ships are primarily freighters... storing cargo and whatnot (excuse for tons of crates). The idea is they are highly automated, with robots doing much of the day to day work. In most cases you might have a few human operators here and there, but usually not barracks full of guys.

However, if we were talking about something like a Corpus space station, that might be a different story ;).

And +1 to futuristic diapers. SCIENCE!

I kind of don't want to see space bathrooms and sleeping quarters in the current tileset. Whole thing doesn't feel lived in, so adding little touches of human presence may actually do more harm to the setting than help flesh it out.

There is no practical reason why on ships this huge (they have elevators and corridors that would fit a car. With doors that open by sliding up! Halls comparable in size to a football field!) crew quarters, mess hall and whatever else would be on the same level as storage and engineering. Also, as Tenno aren't some maniacs on a mission to slaughter every living being ever, they would tend to avoid going through areas that have more personnel and thus offer more resistance.

Edited by electricsheep

I would like to see more rooms that have a purpose in general.

Endless meaningless corridors are boring. Not to mention a highly ineffective space usage on a space ship, where every square meter is very valuable.

Edited by nzzero

I kind of don't want to see space bathrooms and sleeping quarters in the current tileset. Whole thing doesn't feel lived in, so adding little touches of human presence may actually do more harm to the setting than help flesh it out.

There is no practical reason why on ships this huge (they have elevators and corridors that would fit a car. With doors that open by sliding up! Halls comparable in size to a football field!) crew quarters, mess hall and whatever else would be on the same level as storage and engineering. Also, as Tenno aren't some maniacs on a mission to slaughter every living being ever, they would tend to avoid going through areas that have more personnel and thus offer more resistance.

That's a fair point. Tenno avoid these kind of places. That crossed my mind too.

But because the ships are so damn huge, they defenetly are places where people live and spend weeks, months and maybe even years on. But yeah, maybe they're not places what we get to see.

Still, some rooms don't seem to serve any kind of purpose, not any recognizable at least.

So instead of pulling room layouts out of hat and filling the ship with empty rooms and maybe decorate them with few fuseboxes and transformers, there could be a bit more common stuff.

Also, some furniture, chairs and tables shouldn't hurt.

And having medbays throughout the ship would make sense. A medbay is a pretty critical location, so destroying those would be a huge loss for the enemy.

Oh, and of course you want the bathroom always be near. :D

Edit:

I would like to see more rooms that have a purpose in general.

Endless meaningless corridors are boring. Not to mention a highly ineffective space usage on a space ship, where every square meter is very valuable.

You got the point.

And one more thing; if we are avoiding the most crowded places, wouldn't you think that the reactor would be the most heavily guarded? Being the most important thing on the whole ship and all..

Edited by Kaiku

Wouldn't basic rooms like bathroom make sense?

Also places where the crew sleeps and eats.

Haven't seen much of furniture either.

THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

I definitely agree with you and most the other people here...more variety is always great.

Why do you think every one attacks the Tenno when they appear in ships and space stations?

Cause they know when the Tenno leave in their space kite ships a hole is going to be opened up they can poop out of.

And what do you think all that stuff in Infested mission are all over the ship? That's Infested poop!