Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meele weapon ideas

CubedOobleck

Meelee is really nice in this game already, but I'd like to see a bit more variation on weapon types. Here are a couple I thought of:

Shields: they would deal decent damage, stun enemies longer and protect your front as you bash your way through enemies, however they would be slow, with a short-ish range and degree.

Whips: they would be fast, with the largest range and great degree and wouldn't have a limit of targets per swing, but they wouldn't deal much damage nor would they 'stun' enemies like other weapons do.

Spears: they would have a good range and damage, but would have a quite small degree because of a the stabbing (rather than slashing) pattern of the attacks.

Gloves: they are already in game, but I think that the damage they deal isn't enough to compensate the inexistent range and degree.

Also it would be nice to have more than one weapon for each type (that's the case only with swords atm) but I'm sure that will come along as the game heads towards completition.

And last but not least I think that meele would gain a great depth (and a bit more challenge) if you could aim your strikes up and down as well as left and right. This would also fix problems with hitting enemies on stairs/ramps and it would allow us to slash at knoked down enemies and flying drones.

Thoughts?

Edited by CubedOobleck

Shields? Yes, I'd love to be able to build my warframe more tanky.

Whips? I dunno. Not a big fan myself, to be honest. But hey, more diversity can only be good in my opinion.

Spears? Yes. Some poking would be good, as right now there is a lot of wide slashing/bashing. HOWEVER, I would like to be able to stab with any weapon I see fit, not just be limited to a type of weapon. The devs are saying that a massive update to the melee system is coming, can't wait for that.