Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Mana - Energy Warframe

Kai

I watched as they made these project harness the very elements we see in this universe. The very fire that we keep in the dark. The waters that bought forward life. The wind that dances around us. The storm that illuminated the dark skies. The cold embrace that steels our body. Even the very essence of poison that broods in the flowers. They were cultivated, gathered and stored into these suits for them to use. I saw their power, how they manipulated and twisted these forms of energy into a weapon against the Sentients, eradicating these twisted lifeforms... but that was the first and possibly the last.

It was only a short amount of time that passed by when the next wave came, these suits wielded the same power they had but this time, it wasn't enough and one by one they fell before the foes. They had to retreat and another planet was lost to enemy. When all hope seemed lost, they finally unveiled her, another one of them but something about this thing felt pure. In mere seconds, she was sent against them alongside the many suits that had returned from the previous clash. I waited... and waited... then I heard a footstep. It was her, alongside with the rest that has returned. She was key. She was our savior.

MANA

"The conduit. The pure."

"Manipulating the very essence of energy with finesse and grace, Mana forges arcane arcane traps that serves to empower her allies as well as certain death to her foes."

• Role: Crowd Control / Support / Damage Dealer

• Health: 75.0 (220.0 at Rank 30)
  • Shield: 110.0 (350.0 at Rank 30)
  • Armor: 65.0
  • Power: 180.0 (300.0 at Rank 30)
  • Sprint Speed: 1.2

ABILITIES

Passive - Warp

Mana's Bullet Jump instead teleports her to the maximum distance of her Bullet Jump instead.

• Mods that increases Bullet Jump increases the distance of her teleport.

First Ability - Sigil

Creates a Sigil on the targeted floor, ceiling or wall for 8 seconds. If an enemy approaches the Sigil (Floor) or is within direct line (Ceiling or Wall) of it, it detonates and releases 2 / 3 / 3 / 4 orbs of energy that seeks out nearby enemies within 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 meters, dealing 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 damage that ignores enemy's armor.

If an ally is within reach of a Sigil (Floor or Wall), if they perform a Bullet Jump they also teleport to the maximum distance of their Bullet Jump.

• Bolded Numbers are affected by Mods.
  • Up to 4 Sigils may be placed at a time. Attempting to place more will immediately detonate the oldest Sigil placed.

Second Ability - Shield Stream

Mana covers herself with pure energy, gaining a energy shield with 400 / 600 / 800 / 1,200 Health and levitating off ground. During Shield Stream, Mana cannot attack but may still use her abilities. In addition, as she moves, Mana expends her energy shield to create an arcane stream that persists for 12 seconds after depleting her energy shield.

The arcane stream can be interacted by Mana and her allies to ride along the stream.

• May be re-activated while Shield Stream is on to prematurely end it.
  • During this time, Mana's movement will follow the target reticule (aiming up will cause Mana to go up, aiming down will cause Mana to go down while in mid-air, etc), moving at twice the sprint speed.
  • Interacting with the arcane stream (default button "x") will allow Mana and her Allies to slide along the stream towards where Mana ended.
  • Drains 50 Health from Mana's energy shield per 1 meter of arcane stream created.
  • Bolded Numbers are affected by Mods.

Third Ability - Scatter

Mana leaves 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 fragments of energy around her, covering a 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 meter radius for 12 / 15 / 17 / 20 seconds. Each fragment explodes upon enemy contact, dealing 400 / 600 / 800 / 1,000 damage that ignores enemy's armor.

• Fragments are randomly placed each time the ability is used.
  • Each time Scatter is used, there is a 3 second window that allows Mana to re-cast Scatter a second time with reduced Energy.
  • Bolded Numbers are affected by Mods.

Fourth Ability - Paradigm Burst

Hold the ability to cause Mana to charge Paradigm Burst, draining her energy at a rate of 50 per second.

Release the ability to unleash a powerful wave of energy in a 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 meter radius, blocking enemy fire while it expands. Enemies within radius receive evenly divided damage that ignores armor equal to the amount of energy expended x 4 / 4.5 / 5 / 6. Enemies affected by Paradigm Burst becomes charged for 12 seconds, restoring 22% / 24% / 26% / 30% of the expended energy and granting a 1 second invulnerability to allies upon death. 

• Bolded Numbers are affected by Mods.
  • Energy restored and invulnerability upon killing charged enemies will affect to allies regardless of distance.

Cool concept. But I must say, it's quite a bit op because of the ignore shields and the power strength. My opinion would be changing 'energy' to something that sounds and mean much cooler :) But that's just my thoughts anyway.

(I was expecting a drawing of how she looks like too xD)

Well, that's the thing though, her abilities aren't exactly direct (except for her 4th Ability) as it purely relies on traps. So it may appear strong, only if the enemy triggers her traps (Namely Sigil and Scatter).  I would draw a sketch of her but then, I don't really have that much time. But if I do so, I'll make it so.

Also, the fact that she's an energy frame (used to be Arcane Frame), was ideally to put her in line with the other elemental frames (Zephyr, Hydroid, Ember, Frost, Volt, Saryn, Atlas, Oberon, Chroma) as something that deals pure damage.