Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Prime Builds

KeiYinXI

Question

I'm barely getting started with Corrupted Mods, or Mods that are found in Orokin Vaults (Keep that in mind when recommending a build please)

Current Orokin Vault/Corrupted Mods I have are: Narrow Minded , Transient Fortitude , Fleeting Expertise , Blind Rage , Constitution.

(I don't have an Energy Siphon mod sadly) I most likely won't be getting Primed Flow and Constitution for a while. 

4 answers to this question

What aspect of Volt's powers do you want to focus on?  How do you want to use him?  I think most people build either for Speed or his crowd control aspect of Discharge.  Let me know what area you want to focus so I or others can offer advice more suited to your needs.  

Since I do use all of his abilities, I do have a general build that doesn't use corrupted mods that works pretty well for me. Not optimized or min-maxed but good enough to get through the star chart at least. Primed Continuity and Flow would be lovely, but normal version is fine as well.  

Survivability mod (Vitality, Redirection, and/or Quick Thinking) - Even though Volt has a huge shield, I rather use Vitality instead of Redirection because enemies with slash or toxin damage can bypass shield.  Besides, if you have Capacitance, his augment mod for Discharge, it can give you and your squadmates overshield and so you don't need Redirection.  Prime version has a huge energy pool so he's a good candidate to use Quick Thinking + Flow.  

Intensity, Streamline, Stretch, Continuity, and Flow.  If you have a Trinity on your team, you can replace Streamline with something else, but I keep Flow on my Volt to be self sufficient and also Flow is essential for Quick Thinking.

Augment mods - My favorites are Shocking Speed and Capacitance.  Pick one base on your own preference.  I use Shocking Speed for Speed Volt build, and Capacitance for Discharge/cc Volt build.

For the exilus slot, I prefer using one of the drift mods, but, really, it's up to you what you want to put in that slot.

Augment mods should be easily found in trade or you can buy Volt's augment mods with reputation if you support Arbiter of Hexis or Red Veil.  They're nice to have but they're really not essential.  Quick Thinking is pretty niche, but for now I wouldn't worry about it.  Just use Vitality and/or Redirection for your build.

Volt's more of a support frame and, while there are better frames out that deal high damage, I have seen Volt doing crazy amount of damage in certain situations/build.  If you want to do a damage build, I would get power strength as high as possible so you'll need Blind Rage [+99% Power Strength, -55% Power Efficiency at max rank], Transient Fortitude [+55% Power Strength, -27.5% Power duration], Intensify [+30% Power Strength], and Power Drift.  His Arcane Storm Volt Helmet  will also give him 10% power strength, but the only way to get that helmet is buy trading with other players and it will be pretty expensive.  I wouldn't bother with the arcane helmet because it's too much trouble.  You should also take advantage that his Electric Shield gives bonus to crit damage (as well as electric damage) if you shoot through it so use crit-based primaries and secondaries to take full advantage of that feature.

I had a damage-based Build before the Rework, with Shock and Overload as main Abilities. Now, after the Rework, they don't deal as much damage but have a better Crowd Control. Shock is still pretty good, mainly in Corpus Missions from my Experience, but you need to 'Charge' it by running around a lot. Haven't tested him a lot after the Rework though, so the Discharge ability might still deal good damage but, as said, need you to 'Charge' it before casting it. Also, as said above, try to get as much Power Strength as possible, with some Efficiency if you can afford it Mod-Wise.