Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Report System

SomeAsianDude

I think this is somewhat needed as I've seen some very toxic players or some very offensive names.

I was on a run on Kappa, and there was a guy named OsmBnLdn.

Very toxic, negative attitude, and well offensive name. I don't find it offensive but I find it offensive to others.

He wouldn't stay in the same room as the others requested so that we could share xp, he went and just blocked and killed all the Grinner so we got little exp. He would also say that he didn't like people after we said he didn't know how to play as a team. We told him to play solo, but he refused.

Naming and shaming, not cool bro.

But yeah, I agree. So many times I see some players who really should play CoD or LoL, and just that. No other game, so they don't get intoxicated with their bs.

Also reporting for being a complete douchebag, to new players specifically.

You can report players, though IIRC, you can't actually fill out a message box explaining why.

They need an in-game one.

Naming and shaming, not cool bro.

But yeah, I agree. So many times I see some players who really should play CoD or LoL, and just that. No other game, so they don't get intoxicated with their bs.

Also reporting for being a complete douchebag, to new players specifically.

Naming and shaming, ask if I care.

I don't... understand... What's offensive about it? I can't see it.

Although I agree that, from your description, his behavior was rude, I see nothing offensive about his name.

Okay say you were Jewish, and a player got to keep the name Hitler. Would you not be offended?

His name is referring to Osama Bin Laden :|, 9-11?

Edited by SomeAsianDude

They need an in-game one.

Naming and shaming, ask if I care.

Okay say you were Jewish, and a player got to keep the name Hitler. Would you not be offended?

Naming and Shaming just makes you look bad.

As for an in-game one, why?  Just go to recent players in your contacts list after the game ends click on their name and hit report.  Is it that difficult or hard to remember the name of someone?

Has Hitler done anything wrong to me personally?

Hmm, based on your example, I'm guessing you're american?

Naming and Shaming just makes you look bad.

As for an in-game one, why?  Just go to recent players in your contacts list after the game ends click on their name and hit report.  Is it that difficult or hard to remember the name of someone?

You're rather childish aren't you?

That's like saying you shouldn't tell the police the rapers name because you're afraid you'd look bad.

I didn't know there was such a system, thank you.

Has Hitler done anything wrong to me personally?

Hmm, based on your example, I'm guessing you're american?

No he hasn't, but he has to a race of people. That may make it offensive to them.
Yes I am.
Edited by SomeAsianDude

That's like saying you shouldn't tell the police the rapers name because you're afraid you'd look bad.

Umm..  That's..  No, what you did is more along the lines of go stick an ad in the newspaper saying how your neighbor's dog deserves to be put down because he pooped in your yard which naturally people think is a bit unnecessary.  Just report it to the devs and be done with it.  Also, I have no idea where the childish part came from.

I said that you could in my first post.  Apparently you didn't believe me?

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Umm..  That's..  No, what you did is more along the lines of go stick an ad in the newspaper saying how your neighbor's dog deserves to be put down because he pooped in your yard which naturally people think is a bit unnecessary.  Just report it to the devs and be done with it.  Also, I have no idea where the childish part came from.

I said that you could in my first post.  Apparently you didn't believe me?

Thought IRC was a different and separate chat to the game.

And you weren't the one who said naming and shaming -_-. Whatever you say.

Thought IRC was a different and separate chat to the game.

And you weren't the one who said naming and shaming -_-. Whatever you say.

IRC: internet relay chat

IIRC: if I remember correctly

I didn't say anything about it in my first post because I didn't want to distract from the fact that the feature you were requesting already existed.  When you expressed displeasure with someone for telling you not to name-and-shame, I tried to tell you that it's not a good idea to which you responded by calling me childish.

IRC: internet relay chat

IIRC: if I remember correctly

I didn't say anything about it in my first post because I didn't want to distract from the fact that the feature you were requesting already existed.  When you expressed displeasure with someone for telling you not to name-and-shame, I tried to tell you that it's not a good idea to which you responded by calling me childish.

Ah, thought it was a typo.

Whatever you say. You may keep your opinion and I will mines.

If a person really enrages you, you could always just leave the game.

I really believe you're easily offended, who cares about that name. Osama the shill so what he was a nice little tool in a big big game that few people seem to even understand.

I think this is somewhat needed as I've seen some very toxic players or some very offensive names.

I was on a run on Kappa, and there was a guy named OsmBnLdn.

Very toxic, negative attitude, and well offensive name. I don't find it offensive but I find it offensive to others.

He wouldn't stay in the same room as the others requested so that we could share xp, he went and just blocked and killed all the Grinner so we got little exp. He would also say that he didn't like people after we said he didn't know how to play as a team. We told him to play solo, but he refused.

You could stick to playing in private or with friends and if you come across someone like that just abort the mission or stick it out to wave 5, one mission isn't going to ruin your mission completion rate, now a days i only go in solo or private if i ever go online and someone acts like that I ask them if the would stop explain why if they act like a #$&(% i leave them to die since most of the time this is around 2 in the morning where its only me and one other person but otherwise  i play on solo or private I suggest you do the same.

No he hasn't, but he has to a race of people. That may make it offensive to them.
Yes I am.

I would suggest you then allow those people who would find it offensive to speak for themselves.

And frankly I find your comment, "A race of people" to be a little insulting in its own right as though only people of Jewish descent were killed, oppressed and ruled unjustly during the second WORLD war because of the choices Hitler made.

If my username was Pope Urban II would you find it offensive as well? He was after all the man who declared the First Crusade in 1095 which led to the over 200 years worth of war, slaughter and oppression for countless people.

Or perhaps if someone were named Franklin D. Roosevelt as he was the man who okayed the only use of nukes in warfare to date, killing hundreds of thousands many of whom were also largely innocent?

I agree that an in-game report system for griefing, leeching, etc. could be useful. Adding 'rude/offensive language' would not be bad either, especially if they used it as part of how you find a group Online. That way people who often grief, leech, or use offensive language are grouped together (separate groups of course).

I do not care what other people are named or say, as that I can ignore them rather easily (by pressing z if nothing else). But grouping people who do that together, or at least separating them from people who do care, could be useful.