Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Some Consistiency in Appearance for Resource Drops

Runelea

In regards to the new resource drops and resource caches, I can't overlook how some of the old imagery does not align the best with these new fully modelled resources. With the addition of peaceable resources for the Liset, we can get a good look at these models.

First off, it has been brought to my attention that Rubedo with its original 2D image, is intended to give off a form of glow. This is also indicated in the flavour text, 'Gives off radiant energy'. It may just be the case that the team hasn't finalised some of the visual effects on the new resources, but it would be nice to see a glow reminiscent of the original resource artwork as seen in game.

Secondly, the colouration of Plastids has changed since their original 2D representation is a orange tone, while the new resource pickups are a more shell creamy colour. It'd be nice if the 2D image was changed to better match this choice, as I personally like the caprice idea.

Next up would have to be the Orokin Cells with their new spiffier and more white and gold appearance. A simple enough update of the 2D model would be nice, with perhaps having the same be done with the Orokin Catalysts and Reactors to keep all three items visually aligned.

Last of all, the Rubedo caches leave a rugged ring of a 'base' behind when smashed. It would be nice to see the hollowness in the middle filled out with some rough peices of Rubedo being left behind. I'm not sure about the other mineral resources, but I have seen this happen with Rubedo.

Other then that, I personally find the rest of the newly modelled resources match up closely to their original 2D illustrations. The art team has done a great job, and these few modifications would help round off the feeling of uniformity.