Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dropped Mods Should Be Marked Automatically.

Mactax

Searching for mods behind crates is simply not fun. I prefer playing solo and searching every corner of the room after Ash ultimate or Dethcube kills is frustrating.
Tagging mods is not fun. Sometimes you have this huuuge fight when you don't have the time to press 1 extra button or someone is tired or bored or don't even know how to tag...

Looking for mods is one of the major features of the game and I like it but they SHOULD be marked somehow by the game itself when dropped. It can be some kind of a sound signal that everyone could could hear, but visual representation is still better. I heard that for a limited period of time mods could be seen through walls. I have no idea why DE reverted it back but it sounded like a brilliant solution.

I mostly agree, but let me play devils advocate here and point out that the whole business of marking things for your team encouraged people to be courteous to their teammates by having them mark drops for other players. If they were marked automatically, then a key part of player interaction in pubs would be lost.

I mostly agree, but let me play devils advocate here and point out that the whole business of marking things for your team encouraged people to be courteous to their teammates by having them mark drops for other players. If they were marked automatically, then a key part of player interaction in pubs would be lost.

Sure, I always mark and like to see others do the same. But for the times that the mod goes flying or someone didn't see it drop, it'd be nice.

the fact that they're not marked and not on your map (and not visible through terrain!) automatically smacks more of anti player practices than anything else. Unless you're very dilligent about it, you won't be as effective when looking for mods. mods are required to make any of your gear any better, and a frankly absurd amount is required for maxing out certain mods (hi, serration).  The fact that this isn't already in place makes me feel that DE would rather have us waste more of our time doing monotonous activities in the game to show off to people in our friends list that we're still playing warframe, even though we're not doing anything fun or producive.

If you boil it all down, making it harder for us to get mods is better busines for them, at the expense of all of our time. F2P? that's time or money right? well, no. THe mod packs you can purchase with platinum don't compare to spending 10 minutes on xini when it comes down to fusion energy, and that's why most of us are looking for them in the first place.  There is no option but to waste time, and the game currently is set up in a way to make us waste more time, as opposed to being rewarded in game for wasting the time to begin with.

Bleh.