Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Vacuum (pros and cons)

Jackel7

After hearing many people request the "vacuum effect" on warframe numerous outcomes came to mind. Some good outcomes but many negative ones which can range from the categories:

• limits(range, rate)
  • effects of fast movements (parkour and etc)
  • Bugs/Glitches (exploits)

Limits

In order for the concept to even be possible there would need to be limits.  Not just so people computer would be able to handle it but the operating system it self so it don't overclock cause memory bleed or fps drops. And the range would have to be reasonable so players won't have the crazy benefit of getting pick ups from another room without even being in it! And then there some math you have to use for decent pick up rate so you can interact with the loot without a "cloud" of loot trailing behind players.

Pro: get loot (duh)

Cons: a few

1) there was once a bug/glitch that cause Carrier to collect loot BUT not give it to its owner result in a "cloud" of loot. (*I know this because it happened to me)

2) when Ayatan Stars & Sculptures when you found a star you manually picked it up no big deal unless  carrier wanted to help which result in it fall off the map!

3) Venn diagram principle: When two players have a carrier and both pull the Ex. Orokin cell causing it to float doesn't sound like mentioning but any waypoint on it is forcibly removed.

4) Need/desire for companions

5) Host migrations....need I say more?

Parkour(2.0)

Basically players might think run faster get loot faster, right? That might not go  the way people plan.

Cons:

1) Bullet jump (vertical) could pull loot away from players (according to physics), meanwhile (horizontal) might have a lesser pull

2) Abilities like Volt speed, Valkyr Rip line, Nova Wormhole, Wukong Cloud walker, Titania Razerwing, Nezha Blazing Chakarm, and Zephyr Tailwind can be a nightmare for the players not using them. Seeing how IF vacuum was innate on Warframes it would be similar to a planet having a Gravity field.

3) Trolling players could used the above abilities to troll others players. Even if you won't a community is made up of individuals.

4) connection issues aka Lag

Bugs/Glitches

Technology is supposed to make life easier but that's not always the case. And sometimes people take advantage of glitches.

Examples:

• a Team of Maxed range Nekros/Hydroid
  • the used of weapons like Angstrum, Kulstar in order to brake boxes in other rooms without setting foot in them.
  • things might become less about TEAMWORK and more about LOOTING/PROFIT

Note: Many people  will disagree with the notion that a "vacuum" on Warframes would bad. But let me ask you this; How would it fit in to the LORE? A suit of armor that attracts objects? Corrupted/Bombards Missiles are already hard to dodge imagine being a walking Magnet!