Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My scanner won't work and I can't change the key to activate it

protozone77

Question

I'm not sure why but everyone tells me that holding the Q  key should bring up the emote and gear menu ingame but it just wont work iv atfirst I thought it was just a key confliction problem but after trying to change the key it just won't seem to work if you can please tell me how to fix this or try to fix it if the problem persists 

4 answers to this question

More details about your setup can help, but for now I can come up with 2 potential approach:

-This is a dumb one, but if you have not configured your gear and emote menu from your arsenal the wheel won't show up. 

-If you have any sort of foreign language input software installed, it might clash with your keyboard input. 

I've also forwarded your problem to other Guides of Lotus, hopefully together we can help you out.

First did you equip your scanner under Arsenal > Gear?

If yes please check if Esc > Options > Controls > Customize Key Bindings: Item Popup is bound to a key, default is Q.

In a mission you hold your item popup key and select the scanner with your mouse. 

Another option would be to use Gear Hotkeys, you can bind them in the same path as above (personal I use F1-F5 for the first 5 Gear items)

Moved to Players helping Players.