Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - The Hard-Mode-Key

Walkampf

A while ago, it was said in one of the live streams, that the Devs will definitly include a way to raise the difficulty of early Missions, but it was stated, that they were yet unsure how to do it.

There were some things said about sliders and the problem to determine the difficulty if everybody whould set their slider to different values and other problems.

So, now let's get to the actual suggestion, the Hard-Mode-Key.

I thought the Void-Key system could be expended to support choosing the difficulty.

Let's take a new Item, the Hard-Key.

It works similar to a Void-Key.

For each boss there whould be a Hard-Key.

Since it's the bosses which are the interesting stuff.

So i can't think of a reason which you whould want to play normal missions.

A player chooses a key and thus the boss he wants to fight, gets to the Lobby where friends and/or clanmembers can join him.

This way everybody in the group is aware of what they got into thus no sliders a needed.

Of course, just like Void-Keys the key is only consumed if the mission is a success and you need only one key for four people.

As i said, the Hard-Key works similar to the Void-Key.

What whould the Hard-Mode be like?

I'd suggest, it's the basically the same Boss assassination mission, but with all enemies set to the same level as on Pluto.

Of course with updated loot tables. (Those tables shouldn't be as good as the tables in the Void in order to prevent Void-Keys from loosing their value)

Also, the Boss could have a guaranteed drop of a blueprint.

This way the chance to get the right blueprint raises to 1/3.

So the Hard-Key whould be basically a drop-chance-booster.

How can you get a Hard-Key?

Again, just like the Void-Key, you should get them as Daily login rewards and as rewards for defense missions, raid missions, capture missions and so on.

Of course those key whould also be sold in the Shop,

but on the contrary to Void-Keys, those should be sold for ingame cr.

This whould then be a great way to spend the cr you don't need.

For example,

A Hard-Key-pack whould contain 5 Hard-Keys.

It whould be randomised for which bosses those keys will be for.

For example a pack could look like this:

- Captain Vor

- Jackal

- Sgt. Nef Anyo

- Sgt. Nef Anyo

- Ambulas

I think a good pricepoint whould be 100.000cr for a Pack.

They shouldn't be to cheap.

This way they still take some effort to get them.

Also it whould engourage sharing them with friends and the clan instead of soloing.

Also, this whould compensate for high level bosses like Ambulas now having a guaranteed chance for a blueprint, while the normal assassination mission whould be just as hard, but without the guarantee of a drop.

Edited by Walkampf

i agree to an extent, though i think instead of an increased chance of a blueprint, it should be items like Catalyst blueprints or rare warframe plans. That way it gives it more of a use. leaving both the void and standard missions types valid but also giving high end players a 'challenge' and the possibility of rare items / frames.

I thought about including rare blueprints, like Forma, Catalyst or rare Warframe Parts, like Vaubans, but i decided to leave them out of my suggestion.

Let me explain:

You can get basically everything that effect the gameplay without spending money.

Even catalysts, reactors and rare Warframes like Vauban.

It might take a while and you might get srewed over if you are not at home, when an alertmission with a specific reward was available, and yes, this can be infuriating.

The thing about those rare blueprints is, i'm pretty sure, that those are what makes people spend the Platinum.

Of course, this is only an assumption based on my own way of thinking, i don't have any real numbers to prove this.

So i might be wrong and customisation items are the big money maschine.

Anyway, if i'm correct, then those rare items should remain rare,

since this is what finances the game.

The more possibilities to get them you add to your game, the lesser people will actually buy those items for platinum.

Whoch is why i think you have to be very, very carefull with adding those options.

This is the reason why i wrote this paragraph.

Also, the Boss could have a guaranteed drop of a blueprint.

This way the chance to get the right blueprint raises to 1/3.

So the Hard-Key whould be basically a drop-chance-booster.

What whould make sense to add might be a guarantee for rare resources, stuff like Morphics, Control Modules, Neural Sensors, etc.

With an additional chance to drop a seconds piece of that resource.