The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

RAM growth during mission play

Babellon

On 10/15/2016 at 5:53 AM, Babellon said:

SY55zUc.jpg?2

ADo4oLi.jpg?3

RAM continually rises as mission progresses. {This was noted in Derelict.} 

Hangs during shutdown 

bogs system causes delays in all system responses. 

Had to close client via ctrl/alt/del >task manager to clear memory.

just a question tho, what is your total system memory and what do you think that ram measurement means in game?

That what you see there is the total game heap it takes, the rest you can see in task manager is in total what the game uses that is combined with dll's and more TLDR.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

49 minutes ago, TheRoaringLion said:

just a question tho, what is your total system memory and what do you think that ram measurement means in game?

That what you see there is the total game heap it takes, the rest you can see in task manager is in total what the game uses that is combined with dll's and more TLDR.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Not sure to be honest, I figure the level is loaded into memory at the beginning of the map so should be a static amount of ram for the entire mission duration. I used to see a steady number that didn't increase more than a few Mb but lately its gotten much larger...Perhaps thats due to the changes in their graphics properties. I posted it here after the third time running a mission and seeing a larger than usual increase over time plus the system hang and needing to hard close the client.

7 hours ago, Babellon said:

Not sure to be honest, I figure the level is loaded into memory at the beginning of the map so should be a static amount of ram for the entire mission duration. I used to see a steady number that didn't increase more than a few Mb but lately its gotten much larger...Perhaps thats due to the changes in their graphics properties. I posted it here after the third time running a mission and seeing a larger than usual increase over time plus the system hang and needing to hard close the client.

its still normal and if the game has some hidden leaks the devs are on it soon enough.

Chao, The Roaring Lion