Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict NAT settings ?

Vanruj6

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi,

When you go to in-game options/gameplay, you'll find "Network Ports [UDP]", it'll 4950 & 4955 by default or other numbers that looks like that. Now you need to forward 2 ports in your router to your PC, a port for each number. You put the first number "4950" in all port numbers in your router page "start and end ports"- "start and end ports (local)". For the local IP, you'll need to go to start menu and type "CMD", a console window will appear, type exactly "ipconfig" then press "Enter", you'll get some numbers, only IPV4 address is important right now.

645x311xipconfig-command4.png.pagespeed.

Copy your IPV4 address from the CMD to local ip address in router page and press submit. create another port for the other number in the same way. Use the same local address number in both ports. Don't forget to change your protocol to "UDP".

if you didn't understand it, google port forwarding and you'll get videos that explains it.

Edited by Azazel.wf

You're going to need to know how your network is setup if you're going to forward your ports correctly.

I don't know how that router/modem is setup, you may need to fiddle around with it yourself a bit. 

Just a heads up though; Don't post your public IP address onto the forums. Your Local IP address is marginally acceptable. But if someone gets your public ip, they'll then know which PC on your network is yours (kinda moot security concern at that point though :/). However, it looks like you'd setup your modem as follows:

For your UDP rules:

Rule Index: 1
Application: [Don't know what this is for. Try typing in "Warframe"]
Protocol: UDP
Start Port Number: 4950
End Port Number: 4955
Local IP Address: 192.168.1.[This number will identify your PC on your network] 
Start Port(Local): 4950
End Port(Local): 4955

For your TCP rules:

Rule Index: 2
Application: [Do what ever you did with the above rule]
Protocol: TCP
Start Port Number: 6695
End Port Number: 6699
Local IP Address: 192.168.1.[Same number as used above] 
Start Port(Local): 6695
End Port(Local): 6699

Additionally, Warframe only needs to use ports 4950, and 4955. Your router seems to give it a range between those two ports. This is where the fiddling comes in, you're going to have to find out how the port ranges work, a work around would be to just create two separate rules for each UDP port.

Edited by MillbrookWest

8 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

You're going to need to know how your network is setup if you're going to forward your ports correctly.

I don't know how that router/modem is setup, you may need to fiddle around with it yourself a bit. 

Just a heads up though; Don't post your public IP address onto the forums. Your Local IP address is marginally acceptable. But if someone gets your public ip, they'll then know which PC on your network is yours (kinda moot security concern at that point though :/). However, it looks like you'd setup your modem as follows:

For your UDP rules:

Rule Index: 1
Application: [Don't know what this is for. Try typing in "Warframe"]
Protocol: UDP
Start Port Number: 4950
End Port Number: 4955
Local IP Address: 192.168.1.[This number will identify your PC on your network] 
Start Port(Local): 4950
End Port(Local): 4955

For your TCP rules:

Rule Index: 2
Application: [Do what ever you did with the above rule]
Protocol: TCP
Start Port Number: 6695
End Port Number: 6699
Local IP Address: 192.168.1.[Same number as used above] 
Start Port(Local): 6695
End Port(Local): 6699

Additionally, Warframe only needs to use ports 4950, and 4955. Your router seems to give it a range between those two ports. This is where the fiddling comes in, you're going to have to find out how the port ranges work, a work around would be to just create two separate rules for each UDP port.

you should use port range like he said, i didn't even notice it myself. I thought it's just 2 port. and ofc i forgot about the tcp ports.

Thanks MillbrookWest

Edited by Azazel.wf