Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability cool downs

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

Slashdash isnt even doing enough damage to be a problem imho (im playing a shashdash build excal). Also you'd have to aim at each enemy seperately most of the times, so its hard to be annoying with it. Bladestorm would be more of an issue in terms of being annoying imho.

2 minutes ago, lolkins1122 said:

Invisibility is only thing that keeps loki alive, so no. And slash dash is meant to be spammed.

No skill and speed is what keeps Loki alive invisible is what allows him to sneak up on people or to use when he is low on health to escape 

i understand why you think this but it gets really annoying when a Loki just constantly sits invisible and can still shoot and move at the speed he does 

no ability is meant to be spammed which is why de made desecrate a toggle ability 

3 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Slashdash isnt even doing enough damage to be a problem imho (im playing a shashdash build excal). Also you'd have to aim at each enemy seperately most of the times, so its hard to be annoying with it. Bladestorm would be more of an issue in terms of being annoying imho.

Slash dash constantly staggers even when a player is bullet jumping up into the air vertically it 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

No skill and speed is what keeps Loki alive invisible is what allows him to sneak up on people or to use when he is low on health to escape 

i understand why you think this but it gets really annoying when a Loki just constantly sits invisible and can still shoot and move at the speed he does 

no ability is meant to be spammed which is why de made desecrate a toggle ability 

And slash dash is totally useless without spamming.

Edited by lolkins1122

Just now, lolkins1122 said:

I noticed it right after i posted lol

But slash dash doesnt do much damage, so without spamming its only useful for mobility.

It's actually quite bad for mobility dude it only moves you a few steps unless you have locked onto another player but that's where the problems are 

you can constantly stagger someone stopping them from escaping effectively immobilising them if you spam it which is why I want a 3-4 second cool down 

(I wou be happy with the cool down working only if you hit someone with it)

ATTENTION!

This is a PvP thread, anything talked here regarding mechanics of gameplay only refers to PvP NOT PvE.

If you have any suggestion referring to the topic of this thread post with reason; along with the understanding that some may or may not agree with you. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, sanghije said:

ATTENTION!

This is a PvP thread, anything talked here regarding mechanics of gameplay only refers to PvP NOT PvE.

If you have any suggestion referring to the topic of this thread post with reason; along with the understanding that some may or may not agree with you. Thank you.

Yea i noticed its conclave after my second post. I didnt notice at first because this was on front page.

Personally prefer that abilities are able to be cast back-to-back.  I think abilities should be balanced around their ability to be cast so often, rather than restricting their use.  Invis cast twice wouldn't be so bad if it were nerfed harder, like breaking out of invis when taking damage, or having a second of revealing while attacking or holding a charge.

44 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:

Personally prefer that abilities are able to be cast back-to-back.  I think abilities should be balanced around their ability to be cast so often, rather than restricting their use.  Invis cast twice wouldn't be so bad if it were nerfed harder, like breaking out of invis when taking damage, or having a second of revealing while attacking or holding a charge.

Just had a game full of inaros spamming his sand and an excal spamming his slash dash and another game with a guy using hysteria back to back 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Just had a game full of inaros spamming his sand and an excal spamming his slash dash and another game with a guy using hysteria back to back 

Lol, pocket sand, everywhere. Other than being mildly annoying, I don't see the harm in it. The Valkyr being able to constantly cast Hysteria seems a bit weird...it should require 100 energy to begin even if they end it early.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

That's more of a symptom of the huge boost DE gave to energy regen during the SoTR update. IIRC it went from 0.25/s to 0.75/s... Coincidentally power spamming became more prevalent.

Cooldowns would really only hurt the flow of the game tbh. Especially if this is a PvP only "feature".

10 hours ago, C0d3blooded said:

That's more of a symptom of the huge boost DE gave to energy regen during the SoTR update. IIRC it went from 0.25/s to 0.75/s... Coincidentally power spamming became more prevalent.

Cooldowns would really only hurt the flow of the game tbh. Especially if this is a PvP only "feature".

it wouldnt slow anything down at all. powers are not needed in pvp are are there to give a player an edge in situations but still the cool down wouldnt be like 10 seconds or anything it would be between 3-5 seconds which allows players to escape or to retaliate without being caught with stagger or anything like that

On October 21, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Nighttide77 said:

Lol, pocket sand, everywhere. Other than being mildly annoying, I don't see the harm in it. The Valkyr being able to constantly cast Hysteria seems a bit weird...it should require 100 energy to begin even if they end it early.

I was that valk, nighttide. I used a bug to get max energy in 8.5 sec

I actually want ability cooldowns for an entirely different reason. Usually in PVP, I'm not the one getting to the energy first. That means that I have to handle my cheapest abilities the way I'd handle an ultimate in overwatch. The result is that I almost never touch my abilities.

Now, one could say that this isn't a problem, because the focus of conclave is more on the gunplay than on the abilities. However, not only do I have objections to the PVP gunplay as well, but they're problems that would be greatly reduced through more frequent ability access. We really need some area denial, for example.

Edited by Kromblite